Anti-Spyware in AdMuncher

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by daddymo3, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddymo3

daddymo3 Registered Member

I am looking at a couple of pop-up stoppers,SuperAdBlocker and AdMuncher. AdMuncher claims to block spyware. Has anybody tried this program? How good is it at blocking spyware?

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello daddymo3 ,
    i dont know how good at blocking spyware admuncher is.
    but i know that superadblocker has the superantispyware engine in it and also blocks spyware and removes spyware.
    lodore

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I dont know "how" it blocks ad/spyware, but Ad Muncher is an excellent ad and popup blocker.

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Ad Muncher is first rate. I swear by it.

5. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i cant surf wiht out ad-muncher best ad block software i ever use

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

About your question, I think that will be better if you put this question on Ad Muncher Forum... ;)

About Ad Muncher, I can't navigate the Internet without it. :D :thumb:

7. muf

muf Registered Member

I'm not sure Ad Muncher has an actual "Antispyware" module as such. I believe what it does with it's munching capabilities is to stop certain popups/browser manipulation which if otherwise run would allow the launch of malware. I have used Ad Muncher for about two years now and i have to say it's the best i've used. I tried loads of them when i was looking for one that suited my needs. The only other ad blocking software i've found to be near it in capability is SuperAdBlocker. But there are a few options in AM which make it my preference, one of which is the ability to fool the referrer header to stop those nosey sites seeing where you've previously been. It's one of my fave apps. I would never say anything is ireplaceable but currently Ad Muncher is a favoured app.

muf

8. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

or...

Use Firefox with Adblock Plus & Refcontrol with Noscript & Cookiesafe for good measure? :D

9. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have used Ad Muncher for a little while and I suspect it "blocks" adware by preventing 3rd party web sites from loading as well as web bugs in email. It has also prevented me from accessing a url from time to time.

10. ShizzySupra

ShizzySupra Registered Member

SUPERAdBlocker has SUPERAntiSpyware free inside it. Not a bad deal IMO. Two proven software pieces.

11. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Based on a couple screenshots, Ad Muncher seems to possess some anti-spyware properties.

Attached Files:

12. ShizzySupra

^^^ Where are the properties? Seems like it has a button that says "click here to find out more".

13. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

The "click here" button is just a link to here

14. ShizzySupra

So AdMuncher does NOT contain anti-malware capabilities they recommend Ad-Aware. :gack: No thanks.

15. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Fundamentally, it is an ad blocker as advertised. However, take a close look at the first screen shot, and you may see it does possess some anti-spyware properties. If you are looking for a product that has full-blown anti-malware/spyware capabilities, then you would have to look elsewhere. They are basically saying Ad Muncher is not a spyware remover. If it's on you system, you need a different product or method to remove it .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.