Anti Spy

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by the Tester, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi I found this program from Develop Ex.It is an internet tracks cleaner.Works on most if not all Windows,IE,Netscape,Opera browsers and cleans index.dat file on reboot.I just started tialing it today.It has only a 10 day trial but it is cheap(less than $17.00).It seems easy to use.The un-registered version does not appear to have the clean index.dat feature.I did notice that IE6 navigates faster today.If anyone has it and has an opinion,please let me know.

2. root

root Registered Member

Hi, Got an URL?

3. the Tester

Hi root.I found it at dave central.com.Internet>file utilities>disk cleaners.This is the URL; www.developex.com/antispy/.I don't have the hotlink thing down yet,sorry.

URL tags added - Forum Admin

4. No opinion but to tell you others compare it to this one at times and you can too for 30 days if you want to compare the features.

http://www.southbaypc.com/

Comment here.
    http://download.com.com/3000-2248-10138312.html

5. the Tester

Thanks MyNetthingyman.I did compare AntiSpy to Supercleaner2.1.4.I can't say that AntiSpy is a bad program,it does do a lot.But comparing it to Supercleaner I found that Supercleaner does a better job erasing internet tracks.Supercleaner does the index.dat.file at startup(AntiSpy does that too).To me,the index.dat. file erase is an important task that a good program should do.Both programs support my browsers(opera,IE6).Supercleaner finds junk files also.I asked some questions of southbaypc .I was very impressed with their rapid response!Supercleaner is almost double the cost of AntiSpy.But when I consider that it's a lifetime license,that's really not expensive.Supercleaner wins out!Thanks for the addresses.

6. the Tester

Oops!The correct current version of Supercleaner is 2.41.Typo error on my part.Sorry.

7. You are Welcome..glad it helped you to make a decision. If at times I do not respond back to acknowledge your kindness or from other..please do not feel I am ungrateful.
    We all work as a team trying to help as many we can to pass on knowledge we have gained. In that process we also keep learning from you. So I thank you for comparing them once again.

Be Well, John

8. the Tester

John.Thank You.I like to test and fiddle with programs.I appreciate any direction to a program that does what I am looking for.I am grateful.I personally haven't felt that anyone here has been un-grateful.The oppurtunity to check out a program and report what I find is a priviledge.If it helps anyone,that's great.I can repay the favor of learning from the people that post on this forum.As far as response time...I'd be the last person to complain about that!I am sometimes "lacking" in that particular area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.