Anti-SPAM - Software

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by eisefr, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpamEater

SpamEater Guest

Yes, but many offer to launch your mail client once the deleting has been done.
    For example, Poptray or Eremover offer the option to connect to ISP, check new mails with headers, pre visualize part or total of any message if one likes it, then delete any of those from a distance, and then automatically start your mail client to download what's left.

Cheers

2. Spameater

Spameater Guest

Well, I'd rather deal with my mails myself, because in the example you mention, it would have meant that the ISP would take the liberty to check one's incoming mails to see where they're from, and then analyze what they find and then decide (without any permission from the end-user) to not let it through...
    I'd rather have more responsibility on the receiving user's part. Liberty and responsibility go hand in hand.
    I guess your Mum's av did its job well and intercepted or removed the threat anyway, didn't it?

Cheers

3. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

I know, but I still prefer to have it all in one place :cool: and not running two apps doing the same.
    PopTray is an email notifier which works with a white & blacklist, but that's all.
    You still have to look or add, so it wouldn't download mail from a spammer.
    I prefer to let the bayesian filter learn in my email client, but that's my preference. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.