Anti Spam Software

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by starfish_001, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

I have never used it, but it sounds promising. I use K9 personally and it has never let me down, easy to train too.

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

I too use K9 and it works very well, so I've not been tempted to try anything else since.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Or use POP-Peeper. You can check your mail at the server and even view it. If you don't want it just click it to delete and its gone. No training needed and no time wasted downloading...:eek: :D

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I use Mailwasher Pro. I like the fact that it, also, checks the mail on the server, and I can delete it there. It has a very good filter also. There is a free version that I think only checks one email address, but the Pro version does not limit it.

Best,
    Jerry

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I've found Bayes filtering is an appropriate method to dealing with spam. This does mean training your emails, and some may think it takes too long, but it does eventually do its job effectively. A number of programs do use the Bayes filtering method, including K9. It's a shame it's not being developed further at the mo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.