Anti-spam re-classifying SPAM

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by alexsch8, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexsch8

alexsch8 Registered Member

Like many people out there, I also have my mailserver check for spam using SpamAssassin. I have SA configured to add a tag to the subject line of identified SPAM messages and then I have a filter in Outlook to dump all those in the Junk Mail folder.

Since installing ESET Smart Security, I find that the SPAM tag has been removed by the Anti-Spam module and those spam messages are then place in my Inbox. Since I also have all this stuff being forwarded to my phone and I get close to 200 spam messages a day, I was a rather annoyed to find that messages already identifed and tagged as spam are being legitimized by the anti-spam module.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior and is there a work-around? My current work-around is to turn the anti-spam module off since it is not useful to me in the current state.

Wouldn't it have been better to include a config setting to trust messages already marked as spam? (I.e. analyse the mail headers etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.