Anti-spam glitches

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by HealingStargate, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

Edit. See spam module glitches.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. HealingStargate

Spam Module glitches

I don't know if it is just me but in the last few days I have had a problem with emails not being designated as 'spam'. Just a few go into spam, many do not.
    The spam module was working great a few days back, but it seems that possibility with the upgrade to 5.0.94 it has lost its efficiency.
    Just wondering if others have seen this happening.
    KOR-

Adding: I am still having a problem with the spam not being picked up. Only a small percentage is going into spam folder.
    I did another install but no help. Sent a ticket into ESET.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Thank you.
    KOR-

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  3. HealingStargate

AntiSpam Problem

I asked for ideas a few days ago and no answers and I am going to try again.

The spam module has stopped working properly a few weeks ago. Don't know if it is the current latest update or what has happened.

The spam filter works only with about 1/4 of the emails, the rest are not caught.

I now see that the black list is empty and I know it had a list contained a few days ago.

I did a update to the current version over the first release and then did a complete clean install but it still is not working properly.

The ticket I sent to ESET just responded with a method to mark emails as spam and I already know that and am doing that.

Anyone else seeing a problem with the spam module?

KOR-

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Annoying as you may find the issue, please don't start separate threads. Hopefully there will be some resolution

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Send a couple of such email samples to customer care for perusal (note they must be either in the MIME format with headers or MS Outlook msg format).

6. HealingStargate

Marcos-
    Just to update you. I found that it was NOT ESET. I had switched DNS settings and was using 'OpenDNS' which somehow caused the problem with my 'Outlook 2010' emails.
    I switched DNS and the problem was gone.
    KOR-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.