Anti-Malware Test Lab and AV-Comparatives.org announce alliance

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by A_Shabanov, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

if there is a little group that really dont belive in av test then let them , why force them and try to brainwash them..
    Always we hear IBK made the test and bla, never heard of any other man.
    Still even if there were 10 men, there are some group of people that really dont belive it, and it just shows that people should not belive in avcomparatives since you try to make them belive in it, thats why avcomparatives is fake according to many users.

2. IBK

IBK AV Expert

i do not like disinformation. clarifying things has nothing to do with brainwash.
    btw, some few other involved peoples are listed on the website.

3. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

I think it's only normal that IBK reply to defend his test when some people take shot at it. What if I was to tell you you cheated in some test. Would you say nothing to defend yourself if you knew it was false? Brainwash is a bit of a strong term too, I hever never seen any type of brainwashing done here.

While I personally think there is room for improvement in av-comparative test bed, I am still very glad it exist.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Dorn, you and you spider finactics need to provide some sort of proof or shut the hell up. You cant just make public assumptions or accusations without proof. Well, I guess for Dr Web that is SOP.:thumbd:

5. Dorn

Dorn Registered Member

ok ok sorry but thats just my though , and some other users in here.
    :blink:

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am sorry I acted, but this crap comes up all the time and no one provides anything but speculation. IBK isnt perfect, and as he said, neither are AV products. But just like the vendors, he is looking at how to make things even better and until we see the results of this merger, we should all hold back judgement. Geez, folks, give it a chance before you bury it.

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

jeff there is no merger, the tests will remain separate from each other, its only for promotion

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

then why are we even concerned. My apologies to the Web. The reality is none of us have a crystal ball, so we dont know if this is good or bad. Maybe a year from now we can all look back and speculate on facts presented, instead of a future unknown.

9. Sergey Ilyin

Sergey Ilyin Registered Member

Hi everybody! Just some of my comments about the new alliance.

As IBK has already written before my test lab and AV-Comparatives.org both will remain independence. All kinds of tests surely will be done as usually in a regular base. The alliance will allow partners to share testing results, knowledge etc. Also together we have more capabilities to growth, to create really reliable testing methodologies, quality publications, whatever you want.

As for DrWeb this antivirus will be always included in our test because this is one of the key products for Russia and CIS markets. All our public tests are free of charge for AV vendors.

P.S. Anti-Malware Test Lab is not so small as you suppose ;)

10. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Hello "Sergey",

Welcome to this forum.

Now you have posted a picture of yourself you can drop your pseudonym. ;)

Glad to read that you will keep testing the Doctor.

11. sergeyko

sergeyko AV Expert

What a nice surprise! :))

I cannot understand why my, ok said aloud opinion, was treated as opposition of drweb to antimalware. Sergey, why?
    Anyway, thanks for your kindness :)

12. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

You're certainly welcome to your opinion. But when your opinions seem to be mostly allegations against another, I'd like to know just exactly just what your opinions are based on. So that we can all be wary of these shady characters if there are valid reasons for your opinion, or we can ignore you and your load of bull if there aren't.

13. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Goood neewwss :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I wonder how would some people take this news, those who were bashing the AMTL tests sometime ago :rolleyes:

14. Macstorm

Actually i thought it was the other way around, being AV-C the smallest :D

[joking]

15. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

who is concerned?

my mind was eased as soon as IBK posted, i see no reason why he would lie or try to trick people.

people take all this too seriously, but... thats wilders for ya :)

but still, this place wouldnt be the same without the over-concerning people and disagreements.

i for one, wouldnt even know about certain products, hadn't i arrived on wilders, and i think the same would apply for most people.

looks like im all-russian now with my security, i suppose this aint a bad thing with all the malware and Spam Russia create.
    i remember reading in ComputerActive last month that Russia have increased the most for Spam (although the USA still leads as the ultimate spammer) and Russia also actually distribute the most bots and malware circulation.

i remember a certain someone mentioning on here, "when you go to Russia, you dont need to look for Malware, Malware finds you"

so hopefully, im in good hands. :)

16. Soujirou

Soujirou Registered Member

I think this is great news. Any type of collaboration, even if only for publicity leads to increased interaction that will yield a better product on both ends. While both labs have different approaches to testing, I do not think Anti-Malware would team up with AV Comparitives if they thought they were out to lunch. Anti-Malware definitely needs more publicity because their testing is more useful for people who want greater detail about AV's.

17. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

As for me, I will continue to have high confidence in IBK and his work until I have some clear reason to change. I bet there will be no reason for me to change my opinion.

It is still true that, "You couldn't please some folks if you hung em with a new rope."

Best,
    Jerry

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

as always Jerry, you took the words right out of my mouth. ;) Got your email and thanks.

19. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

20. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

There are posts from Frisk's employees.

21. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

See the posts from users Frisk, bontchev and Inspector Clouseau :)

22. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

it should be said, they are 'personal opinions', not speaking on behalf of Frisk.

i dont like that thread, makes me sound just like a basher of IBK directly.

while i may have my own opinions about these 'big tests' of 1 million malware, and i aint too shy to share my opinions, as most of you know, however wild or crazy some may think or whatever, its not just IBK and his tests, but also Av-test too.

its these 'type' of testing, not the testers directly.

maybe IBK does get pissed off as im sure he holds his work close to heart, but my opinions which i do admit do sometimes go 'over the top', are my own and are NOT directed towards Andreas/Andreas but on these sort of tests alone.

obviously, its IBK and his tests that most of the comments get related too, as his tests are more popular and he is a regular visit to the forum.

just had to clear that up :)

i have many theorys about what 'really goes on', and i dont hesitate to think that both the testers and the companys keep information withheld.

we'll see what the future brings....

people take all this security way too far :)

23. Macstorm

What kind of info Chris? don't be shy and share your thoughts ;)

24. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Let me just caution people about posting wildly speculative theories here though, as happened in the other thread. If you have statements to make, be sure you back them up with facts, and not just something you think makes sense by "all that has not been said" or such similar lines of reasoning. We will not allow defamatory comments, or those that aren't based in facts to be posted here.

25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

aka "defamation by insinuation."

As I understand it, AMTL & AV-C will share databases, but will remain independent otherwise. If so, good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.