Anti-Malware folks, I need an explanation please!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So I just tried logging into etrade and the moment I put the cursor in the username field this page renders: "Due to the presence of characters known to be used in Cross Site Scripting attacks, access is forbidden. This web site does not allow Urls which might include embedded HTML tags."
    I did a Malwarebytes scan and no pups came up. I was using Cyberfox so I'll try IE and see if that makes any difference. Then I'll CClean. I'm grateful for the extra protection, however, I do need to be able to log in sometime! Thank you!
    So sure enough, I could log on from IE but can't from Ffox or Cybfox.
    So I enabled Private Browsing and I can get in.
    I'm assuming etrade changed their security policy since I never changed anything!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Check for injections, and HTML rewrite type of hijacks. I've seen financial sites deny when they pick this up. Reset Firefox, then try. (Help/About, then Restart without addons) to try to isolate it. Could be a plugin too.

3. ratchet

Thank you for this! Indeed, with both Ff and Cf in their safe mode (without addons) I could login. Will disabling one by one work or do I have to remove them? Thank you!

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Disabling/Enabling one by one should be enough :thumb:

5. ratchet

Mayahana and fax, thank you so much! It was Shumway, an HTML5 technology experiment that explores building a faithful and efficient renderer for the SWF.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.