Anti-Bot & Boclean

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mars, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mars

Mars Registered Member

ive recently installed boclean after my trial with anti-bot. i was wondering what the differences are with these programs? i heard somewhere on here both are like comparing apples and oranges; one is 30bucks, and other is free lol. what do u guys think about these programs?
    personally, boclean is light like antibot, and no detected threats so far, like antibot.

2. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Scrap AB and opt for ThreatFire if you desire real HIPS

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

TF is not a "real HIPS", it is a behavior blocker. Behavior blockers and full blown HIPS are different. To the topic though, I have no experience with AB, but most of my trials with TF involved lots of flagging of good behaviors and rough system performance. BUT, that is MY case only, others have no issues with it.

4. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

boclean just scans in memory for malicious processes, while antibot is a behavior blocker that covers all "bad" behavior.

5. Mars

Mars Registered Member

mmmmmm i use a 64bit

6. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

What a load of BS ! Why?Because of this:

Exactly, my experience too. That's why I opted for AB. :thumb: When that one appears on your screen, you'll bet there's something wrong. That means time to pull the plug and clean up or restore an image. (if you made that.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.