Another way to hide malware?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Oldjim, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldjim

Oldjim Registered Member

2. TNT

TNT Registered Member

This product is rubbish.
    Give me a break. If it exists, it's visible. And that's all there is to it. 'Hiding' files and processes from the OS is not a reliable way to hide 'secret' data, it's only an attempt to prevent the data from being discovered when the operating system is active: maybe it won't be visibile from the OS itself when the program is installed, but all it takes to 'unhide' such rubbish protection is attach the main "C" disk as a secondary disk to another computer. And since the files are not encrypted, you don't even have to try to 'crack' anything, everything will be all there in clear.

In other words, this product gives false information and promotes a rubbish sense of security. Better than encryption. Hilarious... go home all cryptologists, all your years of math studies are worthless, we have the almighty PCMesh.

Puh-lease... :thumbd:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

nod32 and kaspersky would detect the files right away.
    you cant hide the files from them.
    kaspersky self protection protects its processes so stuff cant hide from it.
    nod32 has antistealth technology to show hidden stuff.
    lodore

4. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Many good file encryption programs allow one to create virtual, local encrypted drives which can be seen by the PC user, but which CANNOT be noticed by any AV app. I use these to keep local backups of my drives, but a good friend of mine, with FBI Cyber Crimes Division, told me that some of these programs were being used by others to create malware and cyberstalking software which is very difficult to detect. So, if it exists, then it need not be there for all to see.

You may want to d/l a freeware app such as Cryptainer LE, and install a few apps to a very crudely encrypted drive. The AV apps won't read it. But Cryptainer LE is a VERY, VERY poor example of drive encryption.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.