Another story on facebook privacy issues

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by HURST, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HURST

HURST Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

3. HURST

HURST Registered Member

I think web2.0 will be around for a long time.
    It might be a "not-so-good/don't-know-what-all-the-fuzz-about-it-is/worst-thing-ever" for us, but for those under 20, who can't remember what it is not being online 24/7, it's their neighbourhood.
    It gives them a place where they can speak, make friends, etc, in a way they could never dream of in real life.
    Add to this the dissapointment in politics, education, parents, etc.

I don't like "web2.0". But I believe it's here to stay. Yes it's a security problem. Yes it's a great place for child molesters. Yes, it endangers privacy. So the best we can do is try to protect ourselves and our families from the bad things in it, because I don't thing it will go away.

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

We'll just have to see in a year or twos' time, but when it does go bust I'll be a really nice guy and not say "I told you so" :)

5. HURST

HURST Registered Member

LOL, I don't mind if you do....maybe if it doesn't go away I'll be the one telling "I told you so" :D

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Well, I guess my real reason for being so skeptical about it lasting, is that I don't know of too many serious businesses that will want to use web-based software for their important business files and such. Depending on the type of business you are running, you run the risk of losing anything from personal customer records to trade secrets. I mean, what if the host has crashed, what if the host has been hacked, how can you truly trust that host with documents and files like that?

Web 2.0 wouldn't have even came about had it not been for the open diaries that are Facebook and Myspace. I don't know, if I'm wrong, well, you'll have a field day with me and I'll quietly sulk in my little corner, lol.

7. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Well "normal bussiness" won't use it that much I think.
    But youngsters use those services on a daily base. So there's a lot of money involved in advertising and such, and even "normal bussiness" are taking advantage of this.

I only see "Web2.0" dissapearing if "Web3.0" arrives :p

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, with the security issues I see coming with Web 2.0, either Web 3.0 will be a "Wow, we really screwed up our first try, Round 2", or it'll be "1984" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.