Another Question re: SandBoxie

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MarcGabi, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcGabi

MarcGabi Registered Member

I apologize if this has already been covered in other threads.

I think it can also be used to cover various security apps but Is SandBoxie most useful in terms of browsing?

Thanks.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

SB is used more for browsing than anything else, in fact, the "ie" at the end of Sandboxie used to stand for Internet Explorer which is what SB was originally created for in the very beginning.

Acadia

3. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

SB is, quite simply put, a fantastic security tool for browsing. In fact, you'll be hard pressed to notice any difference in your browsing experience when using SB, because it places practically zero impact on performance, yet it will shield against any existing or potential threats on the Internet. You will hardly even know it's running. It is only when you want to download files that you have to be aware of the need to recover those downloads to the folders you want them to go in, in which case you will probably want to enable both the Quick recovery and Immediate recovery functions for this purpose.

There are several informative threads in this forum on SB which can be found via the forum's search function.

4. MarcGabi

MarcGabi Registered Member

Thanks to you both. I'm going to download SandBoxie.

5. cruchot

cruchot Registered Member

I use SBIE for many apps that use or work with 3rd party files: VLC, OpenOffice, IrfanView, emule, utorrent...

Additionally apps like winhelp.exe, winhlp32.exe, hh.exe, winmail.exe, windowsphotogallery.exe, telnet.exe, tftp.exe, irftp.exe, ftp.exe

And Firefox and IE of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.