Another problem with IE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by SonyaM32, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

OK I am still not running my firewall, and ever since I turned it off, I have had no popups, or problems, and hopefully I won't
    huh? o_O o_O

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To further add to Q's suggestion and as was already metioned before...."referencing that Main tab\Cookie Control section"....you need to adjust some of the privacy settings in your Firewall. You do not want to permanetly disable your Firewall....as Q suggested you wanted to "temporarily" shut it down. You now to need to understand that the Privacy section of EZfirewall is duplicating some of the same settings Interent Explorer is capable of doing....in particular cookie blocking, active script, java, ActiveX....etc. I suggest you turn off the privacy features and attempt to protect IE with it's own features or ask more questions about EZfirewalls privacy features so you can understand there is overlap of protection.

from EZFirewall help section:
    "To set privacy levels:

Select Privacy|Main.

In the Cookie control area, click the slider and drag it to the desired setting.
    HIGH Blocks all cookies except session cookies. This setting may prevent some Web sites from loading.
    MED Blocks persistent cookies and third party cookies from tracking Web sites. Allows cookies for personalized services.
    OFF Allows all cookies.

In the Ad Blocking area, click the slider and drag it to the desired setting.
    HIGH Blocks all banner ad. Blocks all pop-up/pop-under and animated ads.
    MED Blocks all pop-up/pop-under and animated ads. Allows banner ads.
    OFF Allows all ads.

In the Mobile Code Control area, select On or Off.

Click OK."

3. SonyaM32

Bubba, Thank you, and it may have been mentioned before, and my bad if I over looked it. I am on my way to do what you sugested. Hopefully it should work. Thank you for all of your help you give everytime I have a problem, and come here for help.

4. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Why don't you just quit using IE and use an alternative browser like firefox? IE is the worst browser I've ever used. :p
    Since you had problems with IE, you should've really just used an alternative browser. IF I myself had problems with IE, I would just scan and clean up my whole computer of any malware/spyware, quit using IE and use an alternative browser.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  5. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

http://stm_ipc.tripod.com/id7.html First title!

6. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

7. SonyaM32

Nadriah, I usually do use firefox. I wanted to only use IE for some of my other forums, because I cannot use all the features of the forums with firefox, because the sites do not support mozilla firefox. BUT, i think they DO SUPPORT JUST MOZILLA.BUT NOT FIREFOX . Now I have a new question for everyone. There is a girl on one of my forums whom uses the old Mozilla and she has not upgraded to firefox. And she has no problems. Can you tell me if I can downgrade to just Mozilla. And what are the features of Mozilla, compared to firefox. If I even know what I'm talking about.

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Why not download Mozilla and give it a spin? It installs in one directory. It will also uninstall easily.
    If you install, go to edit, preferences to set it up the way you want.
    You can leave Firefox on your hard drive as well. I have both on my computer.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/

9. SonyaM32

Thanx , I downloaded it, and all the problems I had with firefox on my other forums ARE GONE ! This one seems to be working just fine.Does this one have tabbed feature ? Peace Sonya

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Yes, it has tabs. You can right click on a link and open in a new tab or hit ctrl-t
    and a new tab will open.
    Be sure to go over your settings in preferences.

11. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

hey sonya did you remember to switch your firewall back on.

12. SonyaM32

Yes, it is on. I don't like this firewall. I want to know where one is I can download free, not free trial either.All the way free. I know there are some out there. Can someone tell me where to find a good free one?

13. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Sonya,

You can browse through our Other Firewalls Forum where there are many threads with good suggestions for firewalls.

To prevent this thread from going off topic, please feel free to open a new thread in the other firewalls forum with regards to firewall questions. ;)

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.