Another "password won't work" thread

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by scandata, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scandata

scandata Registered Member

I have a 2-user license. On one PC it works fine. On the 2nd it says my password is incorrect. If I go to Update>Username and Password Setup. It only asks for a password (in a popup screen). I have entered it both manually, and by cut and paste, and I've made sure I've made sure I'm not adding spaces, using wrong case, etc. This is the same password I'm using on my other machine with no trouble. I even had Eset resend it to make sure it's correct.

I tried to uninstall the current version to start over, but it won't let me uninstall without the correct password.

I saw something in one thread about clicking on upgrade to Full version (from the Trial version) in the Protection Status area. I don't have that option listed in the Protection Status Area.

I've also seen something about a user created password, but I thought Eset doesn't offer that option. Is there a second security layer with a user-created password?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello scandata,

This sounds as though your machine has been password protected. The Username and Password that you receive from ESET allows your product to receive the latest updates. There is also an option to password protect your product so that others may not change any settings. Please refer to the following article to unlock your ESET security product:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN333

Thank you,
    Richard

3. scandata

scandata Registered Member

That did the trick. After unlocking I just deleted the current version and installed the latest one from your site. Everything went without a hitch.

THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.