Another Mirror Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cosmo32, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

May I safely delete the FD and CD sub-folder/directory that now lives in my working "mirror" directory for nod32?

Reason1: I've studied the FD directory and what is presently there will never fit on a 1.44mb floppy.

Reason2: I currently have no plan to try and create a nod32 update/boot CD for any of my clients. (maybe I'm missing something on this one.... :eek:

I have selected to /not/ create/update these two directories. Sorry, I can not give where in nod32 I chose to de-select these folders/directories, might be in "mirror/setup". I'll check if necessary. They are now de-selected.

No harm. No foul. Nod32 EE is doing exactly what I paid for it to do. All my current clients get updated as designed. I would just like to remove stuff that will never be used (at this time) on my server.

Yes, I still have trouble with RAC, but, I'm working around it for now. So far, it is all very good!
    Best,
    Duncan

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

On the machine hosting the LAN Update Server, if you go to the Mirror > Setup > Advanced button, that window will be where those folders are managed.

As long as the the mirror itself is regularly updating and you aren't making CD's or Floppys you can safey delete them.

BFG

3. Cosmo32

Cosmo32 Guest

BFG,
    Yes, I have already (post original install/setup)done as you suggest at mirror/setup/advanced. I have unchecked both floppy and CD files update. :thumb:

Now, can I safely go into my "mirror" directory proper and delete the actual folders "Floppy" and "CD" that were created back on 2/5/07 when I first installed LAN UServer and RAS? Or, should I just leave the "Floppy" and "CD" folders, but delete the contents? :doubt:
    Thanks,
    Duncan

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

You can safely delete them..

You could always try renaming or moving them first, just to make sure I'm right. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.