Another installation problem - ESS Beta 2

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by whscott, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whscott

whscott Registered Member

The first time I tried to install ess beta 2, I did not uninstall beta 1b. Beta 2 removal of 1b failed when I got an error message stating that there was a network error in /windows/install/ess_uninstall.exe(not quite sure of file name). Ess beta 2 then tried to restore the previous version and failed.

I restored an image from yesterday and tried to uninstall 1b before installing 2. Same error.

Restored image again. What can I do? I will have no firewall or AV after 1b expires. I know that I could install nod32 and another firewall(COMMODO), but I still won't be able to remove ESS 1b.

Thanks

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. whscott

Thanks for your reply, Ronjor. But the thread you referenced does not address my problem. I cannot uninstall beta 1b at all.

Thanks again

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Did you try reinstalling beta1b on top of the current beta1b and then try uninstalling it?

5. whscott

That worked.

Thanks

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thank you for the feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.