Another Idea for marking spam.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Tsoilihoi, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsoilihoi

Tsoilihoi Registered Member

Although marking [spam] in the subject is popular. Some are not crazy about mismarked mail carrying it's label when the message is archived.

As we know, in Outlook Express a rule can be made to perform an action on messages with particular words in the subject. So [spam] is useful.

(I gray color all spam and messages not directed to my email. It then appears faded out!)

In Outlook message rules can be treated similarly with Rules... I mark all incoming messages that arrive to normal importance. With a 2nd rule, things in my address book, High importance. Items marked [spam]
    or not addressed to me, to low importance. Then using the coloring feature in organize by color (automatic color formatting) I change messages that are low to a light grey color, normal to black, high to Blue. I create a color hiarchy to visually scan messages.

It might be interesting to have the Spam Module mark spam messages as low importance, rather than messing with the subject line. This would bi-pass the necessity to make a rule to deal with the subject line and as such, could then be acted on immediately by the automatic color formatting in the organize section of Outlook.

So a check box in the spam module setup that demotes message importance to "low".

Just a suggestion.

PB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.