another defrag question with acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by martysr, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martysr

martysr Registered Member

I made a complete image of of my c drive on my 2nd hard drive with acronis true image 8.0. in case my c drive or windows xp has a problem. If I defrag my c drive weekly and lets say 1 month from now I need to restore my whole c drive can I still use a backup image I created on my 2nd drive a month or two ago. Is this image okay for a complete c drive restore only even though I defraged my c drive.

I do not plan to make incremental images and I plan to make a new image every month or two and delete the old image at the time. I was reading the forum on the defrag issue and i am confused.

2. como

como Registered Member

You will be able to restore the image ok, but it will restore the drive as it was when the image was made, i.e. before the various defrags.

It is better to make an image after every defrag, why do you need to defrag each week?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.