Another "cloud storage" thread: pcloud

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by razorboy, Aug 25, 2016.

1. razorboy

razorboy Registered Member

I thought I should not hijack the other thread further.

I too, want a simple cloud service which would allow me to drag and drop files or folders, rather than back up 12 million humungabytes or whatever my c: drive holds, automatically, all the time. I have learned that there are archive clouds, backup clouds, and uh, I think sync clouds, although they are maybe similar to backup clouds.

Anyway, pcloud was dead easy to set up. The pcloud site says that you can only back up files, not folders, unless using Chrome. I would rather eat gorilla pooh than use Chrome, so I went ahead with Firefox and did the drag-and-drop with folders and it seems to work fine.

I wanted to see the tutorial video, but the link took me to the help desk, probably because I do not have Flash installed. I think that pcloud may have the odd little zit or glitch - but what software doesn't - and so far, it looks simple, competent, quick, and has a good free account and inexpensive paid accounts for those with bushels of data.

BTW: the pcoud headquarters are in the outback of Switzerland, but I expect that the server for me is probably in Buffalo or Chicago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.