Another backup err 0x12016

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by blazer, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blazer

blazer Registered Member

Reference thread with last entry in May of this year.....
    Primary reason for posting on this thread is that all of the solutions that have been mentioned thus far, we have tried on associate's machine......each and every one, including the WDigital utility to raise bad blocks......chkdsk and its distant cousin, recent version of Norton Disk Doctor......
    We keep getting this 0x error when attempting to back up first image using Backup and Restore 2010 Free Version (prior to the "advanced" release)...... would it be safe to assume that we have bad data since we receive the 0x err at, what seems to be the same point in our backup (7%)?
    If so, outside of the obvious solution of a complete format and new OS load, is there anything that we may have missed?

Also, forgot to mention that we're unable to go the CD boot avenue, since B&R gets us to the point where we've inserted the CD but the system just sits there and doesn't write to the CD although it recognizes both the emulator drive and the burner......however, we're able to burn pictures to CD.....
    Trying to convince him that we need to redo the OS and format the C: drive in the process......task schdlr doesn't work either and we've put a few hours into trying to fix that too, since we can't schedule B&R until we do.......
    You see, the trouble is, their machine, according to them, was working fine before we tried to put B&R on.....
    Awaiting a constructive response.......

Thanks, blazer

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Blazer,

Seems there are some issues on that pc.

The recovery cd may be a better bet.

You can burn the paragon recovery iso to cd with any isoburning app. which works on that machine - Imgburn is a pretty popular free app.

http://www.imgburn.com/

3. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

So if there is a defect on the drive, the Vendor test may not find this because it doesn't test parts of the drive which contains data...

4. blazer

blazer Registered Member

Appreciate your responses, Fellas......
    I thought there weren't any responses since I didn't get any advice emails...... don't know why but.......
    Okay, first of all, appreciate your responses.......
    Secondly, you're both right on......
    Here's an interesting dilemma that I neglected to add to the aforementioned facts......we had System Backup 2010 on that system and it got flaky with the external HD thus the reason for going to B&R 2010 Free (pre-advanced version).
    But SB2010 successfully backed up the initial, get out of the way, backup that it does automagically......
    Before I put this guy through a manual backup of his valuables and then completely reload XP, I'm gonna take off B&R and replace it with Sys BU and see if it'll do the initial and subsequent complete backups......don't know why they'd be different but.......
    Thanks again for your assistance.....I'll let you know how it goes if it does anything different from B&R......blazer

5. blazer

blazer Registered Member

Okay, well we worked on this PC again and uninstalled the CD/DVD burner and put another driver on it......still didn't do the trick.....so now we cannot burn the recovery media nor can we achieve a successful backup with the B&R 2010 Free (pre-advanced version).......stopped at 7% complete both times.......
    We removed the B&R 2010 and reinstalled the System Backup 2010, which he purchased in August......we achieved a complete backup but when we tried to burn the recovery disk, it recognized the drive but kept asking for another disk. When it asked, it called for a "CD-RW/DVD-RW".......we had a new CD-R in the drive and didn't have any rewritables, though I think the problem is still with the system and the drive and the message is misleading.....
    Our next step is to take SIW2's suggestion (see earlier post) and use the WinPE ISO and burn the image to a CD-R and test it out.......
    We all know that, eventually, this system's OS will either have to be repaired or completely reloaded......the latter with a complete and thorough reformat..... but for now, we'll stick with the Sys BU 2010 and take it as far as it will go..... using he WinPE as the recovery disk......
    That's it from here and thanks again for your very capable assistance.....
    blazer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.