Anonymous transactions?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Jim Verard, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

I often read people here talking about paying using "gold", in order to have some level of anonymity while ordering some service (or even products?) like XeroBank. I never heard of such thing, could someone explain this to me? I believed that only Swiss banks could provide such secrecy to transactions.

I mean, at least where I came from no one is dealing with "gold" or another kind of payment who have some level of anonymity. And I am sure most banks are ready to make fishing expeditions or disclose private informations if required, anytime. :rolleyes:

Regarding this last subject, here are some useful info that I found here:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  2. dogma

dogma Registered Member

Hi Jim,

Maybe, they are refering to payment services such as e-gold?

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

What would be so bad about going to a RiteAid and buying a prepaid credit card? I mean I guess someone could find out where the card was purchased, but not who purchased it.

4. MrDuane

MrDuane Registered Member

Well....

If they really WANTED to....

The store would know WHEN it was purchased...

and at what register.....

Then they could look at their videotape records....

and see what you look like....

5. caspian

True. I guess the only thing to do in that case is maybe grow a big beard and wear sunglasses and a ball cap, hehe.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There is one other option, take some Valium and chill and loose some of the paranoia.

JUST KIDDING

7. caspian

LOL! How about 2 or 3 valium, a glass of wine, and a big fat joint?

8. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

Paranoia to some is opened-eyes to another. There's a laundry list of things going on that is trampling on privacy and that isn't paranoia - it's just the truth.

9. caspian

I agree with you, Gerard. I was just joking above. A couple of years ago, I did not even think about these issues. Then with all of the illegal spying from the Bush administration and other issues that I have read about, I began to open my eyes a little.

I was shocked when I read about Homeland Security in GA spying on PETA. A young girl demonstrator (vegetarian of all things, hehe!) saw a man taking pictures of her and she walked over and wrote his license number down. He got out of the car and demanded the piece of paper. When she refused, he arrested her. I also read about the FBI spying on gay college students, and intercepting their emails. I think that the ACLU has taken the case, but the FBI has not responded to the FOIA request, last I heard.

So I am thoroughly sickened by all of it. That is why I use xerobank and sometimes tor. I do not want any logs whatsoever kept of me. I don't care if I am at dictionary.com. It is nobody's f*cking business.

PS It would be sooooo embarassing for people to find out how often I have to go to dictionary.com. It is just so... well....disgraceful. My Native American name is actually Horrendous Speller.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.