Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DasFox, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

truthpatrol I appreciate the input, but let's stay out of the Xerobank drama ok. Not on this post please and if people want to know then please point them to the Xerobank post or some place else to discuss it...

THANKS

2. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

3. Fly

Fly Registered Member

Over the past couple of days I managed to read all 23 pages of this thread !

I've seen a blacklist. Is there anything like a whitelist ?
    Any services that are recommended, albeit cautiously ? It seems there is something wrong with about every single one of them.

For reference, I'm in Europe for what that's worth.

My original question: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=317791

4. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

thanks , i see so after being pointed to this thread theres only a blacklist but no whitelist? lols -.-'

ive been pointed to torrentfreaks article about anonymous vpns but i dont feel its done by experienced members, dont ask me why its just a gut feeling i got , so calling all experienced vpn testers , lets get a whitelist goin

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Yep I should of had whitelist, not sure why I didn't do it hehe...

I'll get on one...

THANKS

6. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I would like to see that too. Would you happen to know which VPNs in your whitelist are multihop?

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I've never really checked into any multihop ones, all though I do know that BolehVPN will let you connect to a few servers at one time.

8. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

XB and iVPN have single and double. Insorg has single, double and triple.

9. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Thanks for that. I will take a look at Insorg and iVPN. Have you tried either of them?

10. mirimir

Yes, I've used both. iVPN has responded very quickly to questions. I've never needed support from Insorg, so o_O Both have been very reliable, and both accept LR. It's good to have a Moscow IP sometimes :) But lately, it seems that they've nuked their geolocation entry, so the exit shows up in central Asia. Their US exit is now in central Brooklyn, not far from Prospect Park. I'm an Olmsted fan, so I checked it out during my last US visit. It's much cooler than Central Park, in my opinion. iVPN has a London exit, which is also cool.

11. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I don't recall any Insorg mentioned before, this is the site?

http://insorg.org/

Which then leads to;

https://webvpn.org/

With an expired Cert on the site from 07/11 and they want us to trust them and sign up for a VPN, LOL... o_O

P.S. Working on that Whitelist...

12. mirimir

Actually, I think that it's -vpn.insorg.org but I'm not sure. I just tried, and -insorg.org isn't responding. Maybe whoever has been DoSing Wilders is hitting them now. Ha ha.

Cool.

13. happyyarou666

hows that whitelist comin along dasfox? ;)

14. box750

box750 Registered Member

JondoNym is multihop (anonymous-proxy-servers.net) and I will add CactusVPN to the list, it is a new company, they just opened shop.

15. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Ok Boys & Girls, it's not going to be the 'White List' you were expecting, but this is also great NEWS! :)

PLEASE go back to the first post I made and scroll towards the bottom and read where it begins this;

*** P.S. ATTENTION SPECIAL NOTICE SINCE POSTING IN NOVEMBER 1st, 2010! ***

The truth is right now I don't have the time to go out and research all the VPN providers to find out if this is what they are doing or not.

So here's the break down on this;

1. This is now your starting point to finding a good provider.

2. Next check over their privacy policy and logging, etc... You want a provider that is going to really respect your privacy and that means a ZERO tolerance on their part as in NO LOGGING, they want to know nothing about you and they stand 100% behind this, who appear as real privacy-freedom fighters!

I tend to see the companies out there with the BIG Terms and Conditions pages on everything you can imagine, filling up an entire web page, as the types of companies that say they respect you, but honestly, they're just looking out for themselves, that's why they make up these big terms and conditions, so I tend to stay away from them, I've actually never found one I like too.

The real privacy-pirate fighter types don't put up stuff like this, they are more the crowd you want to go with. So when in doubt, just keep this in the back of your mind. What you're out to find is the Swedish Pirate Bay type of service that fights to the end for you and everyone's privacy, get what I mean? ;)

3. I think in the world of the Internet looks does play an important role and I think it's just as important for the task of safety and security, what I mean is you need to use your best judgement at what you are looking at, saying to yourself is this a professional looking business, something I want to be a part of? Looks on the internet is hard, there are professionals with terrible looking sites and there are spammers and scammers on the internet with nice looking sites. So really how does one tell? I think it just comes down to picking brains, asking questions, really looking that site over with an Eagle-Hawk eye, if you get what I mean and through it all, looking for things that don't add up or look right. As an example, a major looking corporation website isn't going to have English that looks out of place, or people replying to emails that seem like they can't even spell correct, this is just one idea, but basically you look for anything that might send off a red flag in your mind and take it from there. But we all know Dell has that Indian Tech support overseas that hardly seems professional at all, so yes, this does take time, patience and the willingness to really look and see and pay attention to what is going on around you! Remember it's your life and if you're not careful you could end up in big dog doo doo... :(

4. As I mentioned if they are doing what I said they should be doing on the first post, then they are probably pretty decent, but you should still use your best judgement and ask other questions to see how they act and treat you as a customer...

So take it from here and if you happen to run across other things you're not sure about, post and ask and I will do my best, as I'm sure others will too...

CHEERS

16. happyyarou666

weve read the first post of this page -.-'

ill still be waiting for that whitelist thou , common bring em experiences here dont be shy ;)

p.s: heard perfect privacy was nr.1, hmmmm....

17. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

So you read on the first page?

*** P.S. ATTENTION SPECIAL NOTICE SINCE POSTING IN NOVEMBER 1st, 2010! ***

As I said I don't have the time, all you have to do is just follow this and try one that will give you the 4 files if everything else looks ok with them, seem to be real privacy fighters, not the typical corporate terms & conditions BS, no logging, etc...

The 4 files is the key to all of this, it's all you need to do to start from and take it from there, if you or anyone finds something that seems to fit all this, then all you need to do then is just post a link so others can check it out and give back any input...

Time to spread those wings and FLY, this post has over a 1 year of information, so make sure you or anyone else has looked it over very carefully too...

And I already did recommend in the past a few VPNs and other suggestions...

Perfect Privacy is on the black list; (At least I can keep a black list going)

BlackList Report - (Bad or Suspect VPNs);

Anonymizer - (Logging)
    BlackVPN - (Lack of privacy, stores user info)
    Cocoon - (Not as secure as OpenVPN)
    Hidemyass - (Logging and promoting open proxies)
    Ipredator - (PPTP and no email communication)
    Kryptotel - (They don't know what they're doing - won't answer basic OpenVPN questions)
    Perfect Privacy - (No pre sales email customer communications)
    Relakks - (PPTP)
    SwissVPN - (Logging)
    VPNSwiss - (Logging)
    VyprVPN - (Company doesn't know what they're doing and bad support)
    Xerobank - (No contact or company information, no TOS, a lot of heated discussions on this forum, if interested do your homework)
    12vpn - (Typical big business BS TOS)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  18. happyyarou666

well guess perfect privacy aint the way to go then , mustve missed that part somehow xD

but damn , noone feel like making a whitelist? or yall not using any vpn -.-'

19. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I just gave you the ANSWER to all of this!

This is better than a whitelist, because I've just taught you the BEST thing you need to know, instead of some whitelist from who knows where...

What's so hard about asking a simple question, then looking the site over, checking out their terms and conditions, possibly asking any other questions or concerns and going on from there?

This is the world of security and privacy we're talking about, it's not something that you just want handed to you, you need to feel comfortable with it and research it on your own with what I've given you, so you can learn and know it for yourself.

Now after you or anyone has done this as I've explained, I'll be more than happy to look over any VPN you've found and I also said I made some recommendations in this post and so have other members...

I'm here to help, but when it comes to matters of security like this, I believe it's best to give you the tools to educate yourself and then send you on your way, not hand it to you, otherwise you'll never learn and stay safe.

Hey there's only 24 pages of posts, have you read every one? Because if you did, you'd of seen recommendations, it's not going to take that long to read everything and you should. ;)

Read what I've given you and apply it, it's not complicated at all, then you can thank me later for how simple this really is... LOL.. :argh:

It's just understanding what to ask and be on the look out for and that's now been shared for everyone... ;)

Of course there could still be malicious and honey pot sites that are doing everything right and looking good, but that's going to simply take end-user feedback who knows this or has some experience with that VPN, because looking and asking isn't going to reveal much, even using the service could be difficult, so it's really going to take a BIG community input so we come to understand this....

CHEERS

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  20. happyyarou666

yeah suuure ill thank you later of how "simple" it all is lols ;)

ok , ill read the 10 pages i havent read yet xD, those tips are great for questioning an vpn provider ...once you know wich one to pick ! ;)

p.s:

for the love of god i beg of you dasfox make a whitelist and im not the only member here that would like that ;), i know you want us to learn and stuff , but id rather have an veteran member suggest his top 10 providers and question them instead,

try to understand from where im comin from , its like somebody asking how to keep his hdd safe from strangers and youd say :well what you want is fde and a good encryption algorithm and 30-65 key passphrase , but no mention of truecrypt or such , i hope you understand ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  21. mirimir

@happyyarou666

A few people have recommended iVPN, and I don't recall negative comments about them.

22. happyyarou666

thanks mirimir ill add ivpn to my list of vpns to be checked out ;)

23. mirimir

Well, I've mentioned them before ;) Their professional VPN is at -vpn.insorg.org, which doesn't use HTTPS. They're not well known, having focused on Russian and Polish markets. I've used them off and on for many years. They've always been dependable, and they're actively expanding ;) They're the only service that offers three-hop routes.

That's their free web-based "VPN". I'm not sure what it is, having never used it. I doubt that they're actively developing it.

Given the state of certification authorities, I'm not so negative on self-signed certificates, if they're from sites that I have other reasons to trust.

24. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

Here are a few others that haven't yet been mentioned in this thread:

Anonymator - http://www.anonymator.cc/
    - OpenVPN.
    - No logs.
    - Site based in Malaysia.
    - Servers in Malaysia and Panama.
    - Offers "Duo" (double-hop VPN) and "Quadro" (1 VPN+ 3 TOR servers) option.

TheSafety.us - http://thesafety.us/
    - OpenVPN and PPTP.
    - No logs.
    - Based in India.
    - Servers in US, Canada, Germany, UK, Netherlands, Italy, Ukraine, France, Spain, Belgium, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Switzerland, Ireland, Lithuania, Finland, Luxembourg, and Panama.
    - Offers double-hop VPN.

Spice VPN - http://spicevpn.com/
    - OpenVPN and PPTP.
    - No logs.
    - Site based in France.
    - Servers in Germany, France, Netherlands, US, UK, and Ukraine.
    - Offers double-hop VPN.

Change Mon IP - http://change-mon-ip.com/
    - OpenVPN and PPTP.
    - Torrent/P2P-friendly.
    - No IP logs (bandwidth logs only).
    - Based in Belize.
    - Servers in US, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Singapore.

Opinions welcome. :thumb:

25. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

happyyarou666, do I have to say it 3 more times?

READ THE SECTION ON THE FIRST POST!

--> P.S. ATTENTION SPECIAL NOTICE SINCE POSTING IN NOVEMBER 1st, 2010!

No seriously you're not paying attention and listening, PLEASE tell me how hard is it for you to email a VPN and ask them one question? Then look over their terms and conditions to see how it looks and actually make sure they don't do any logging either by their terms or asking them in email?

You do understand we are talking about a VPN technology, not getting feedback for which is better to buy and iPod or Rio player.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, I've had this discussion with the OpenVPN developers, who have also confirmed this and if you do not do this to make sure this is how that VPN is operating then you are not following a proper step in making sure you are working with a good service and not risking your security and safety!

Now is this FINALLY CLEAR?

You know I'm trying to help you but you keep going on and on about this and guess what, no one is going to give the facts like this on the forum! LOOK around no one is, because many of them don't know, I do...

Sheeesh... :blink:

Casper thanks for the list, but did you read the first post again that I had edited over? Also read the P.S. here below...

P.S. IF THEY ARE NOT GIVING THE 4 FILES NOTHING ELSE MATTERS! THIS IS WHERE YOU HAVE TO START AND IF YOU DON'T THEN YOU ARE RISKING YOUR SAFETY, THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE TRUTH!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.