Anonymous Services - Can We Get A List Going And Feedback?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by DasFox, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

At one time, MetroPipe was hooked up at the hip with Rayservers. Then, XeroBank came along and we all found out the relationship between CryptoHippie, XeroBank, and Rayservers (and maybe MetroPipe). Roque Holdings owned (or was closely connected with) them all. Or, it sure appeared to be so. Not long after, all the information that pointed to it was scrubbed. I'm no conspiracy person, I'm just telling you what the scuttlebut is on Rayservers. EDIT: Back then I was strongly supportive of Steve and Xerobank - when things went south, I felt stupid not to see those things that, in hindsight, seem so clear. I just wanted so bad to believe in XB.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  3. marktor

marktor Registered Member

A note on RaptorVPN if you are a p2p user forget about them. This from their TOS:
    Also I am guessing they keep logs? They have a VERY unclear privacy policy.

4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Thanks for your input. I thought they looked pretty interesting.

5. caspian

caspian Registered Member

A member here, one who I respect mentioned them a long time ago. And I just happen to remember the name of the service the other day. And what Mirmir said above is starting to make some sense. I think these people are creating these services for themselves as much as they are to make money off of the service.

From Cryptohippie:

http://cryptohippie.com/company.php

And there are 2 CH websites. One in the U.S., which I guess sells the service, and one in Panama....which I guess maybe operates the service.

http://www.cryptohippie.net/ Flagfox shows this website coming from Germany, even though it says it is in Panama.

Flagfox shows the Rayserver webpage as coming from Panama.

I am now wondering about Xerobank's poor customer service. Maybe they only needed enough people using the service to blend in with, making themselves anonymous. And maybe also to pay for the servers costs etc... Maybe they don't care if they drum up any more business. Steve posted a pdf a while back, Second Realm Stategies. I am reading through it now. Pretty interesting. It seems to fit in with all of this.

Maybe Mirmir can correct me if I'm way off base.

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Anyone can start a "VPN service" now. AWS micro instances are free for a year. OpenVPN charges $5 each for connection licenses. See -http://openvpn.net/index.php/access-server/docs/admin-guides/499-openvpn-access-server-ami.html

Doing it securely, however ...

Contemplating XeroBank's history, I cannot imagine that it has ever been a business in any traditional sense. I don't know what it is, either.

Anyone remember Zero-Knowledge Systems? They're still around -http://www.zeroknowledge.com/

7. nessy90

nessy90 Registered Member

Well FOX Ill have to say sorry but you are right VyprVPN,it is questionable when it comes to support,I would prefer not to go into any detail, so people will have to take what I say at face value
    nessy

8. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

why xerobank is not in the above list.

"no after sales communications ??"

9. victorvonhase

victorvonhase Registered Member

It is only anonymous if you pay with Ukash or Paysafecard. If yopu pay with paypal, the gouvernement can search for your Name.

Cyberghost will ask for your Name. If you use them, the gouvernement may search for your name, find it in Cyberghost, because you have to pay with bank . and observe you for 2 years.

Perfect Privacy is expensive, 150 €/year, but very good. Police captured one of their servers in Berlin, but found nothing.

OVpn.to is 90 €/year, you get a IP from Russia or Ukraine.

10. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Yup, they had the 'nyms'. I was a customer in '01. Out of Canada IIRC...different world today...

PD

11. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

If this "blacklist" is going to have any legitimacy, I agree with the poster who asked why Xerobank wasn't on the list. If little to zero support is cause for inclusion on this list - they deserve a spot at the top. Let's be consistent.

12. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Yes, Xerobank deserves a spot at the very top!

13. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Connectivity services YES
    VPN's Hell no.

Good for hiding your IP and the server encrypt decrypt the stuff for you.
    What you pay for is trust. So make sure you choose one that you can trust with your details.

14. bryanjoe

where is xerobank ?

15. victorvonhase

Ukash does no longer support VPN

16. victorvonhase

Maybe you can add this to the List:

http://ovpn.to/

10 € / month
    Paysafecard, Ukash
    No Limit Downloading
    Ip from Ukraine is reported to do 500 Kilobyte/second (4000 kilobit)

17. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That's a question that many of us have asked ;)

18. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

OK OK I get it over Xerobank so please stop spamming up the post asking about it. I'm not always here everyday reading, so please be patient.

If you've been on Wilders since all the madness started, it was enough to make you think it was just a few trolls out to just smear Xerobank, but there was certainly a lot of complaining going on, but there are also what appears as satisfied customers too.

I think the Xerobank situation is a slippery one and I will agree something doesn't look right, so I will at least put them up to tell people to be on their guard, beyond that, I really couldn't tell you how bad it really is, just that something doesn't seem right.

The owner Steve has been on this forum many times helpful and contributing, that I saw in a positive light.

I will also tell everyone here that does not know this, that I do have an insiders perspective, when Steve was just starting out I ran across him over the internet and with my experiences back then before it was Xerobank, known as Torpark, he gave me a copy of the Torpark browser to test and help for him. So I do know that there was something good then and possibly even now, so I'm not going to say one way or the other that this is a bad service, only this, that there's been a lot of heat floating around here, so if you are interested in this service, just do your own research and decide for yourself.

Here's a post on their forum about Wilders & Xerobank;

https://xerobank.com/forum/announcements/wilders-security-forum

One thing I will say that I don't like looking over the site and I'm surprised Steve has stripped it down, because in the past it had more information on it. Now there's no contact information, terms of service, nothing, just a forum for a means of communication. The website I will say is a little lacking for my tastes. There should be more information about the company, email communication and terms of service, etc...

CHEERS

BlackList Report - (Bad or Suspect VPNs);

Anonymizer - (Logging)
    BlackVPN - (Lack of privacy, stores user info)
    Cocoon - (Not as secure as OpenVPN)
    Hidemyass - (Logging and promoting open proxies)
    Ipredator - (PPTP and no email communication)
    Kryptotel - (They don't know what they're doing - won't answer basic OpenVPN questions)
    Perfect Privacy - (No pre sales email customer communications)
    Relakks - (PPTP)
    SwissVPN - (Logging)
    VPNSwiss - (Logging)
    VyprVPN - (Company doesn't know what they're doing and bad support)
    Xerobank - (No contact or company information, no TOS, a lot of heated discussions on this forum, if interested do your homework)
    12vpn - (Typical big business BS TOS)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  19. bryanjoe

Thanks Dasfox !!!! :thumb:

20. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Identity Cloaker
    We use the extremely strong Rjindael AES-256 cipher to protect your transmitted data.
    Right now, there are 18 servers with 314 IPs in 11 countries in the Identity Cloaker network!
    When we talk about "proxy servers" we mean our own secured private proxy servers. Those are either physical computers or Virtual Dedicated Servers we have rented in several data centers throughout the world. We pay a monthly fee for all of them. They all have 100Mbit+ ports with monthly traffic allowance usually in the terabytes.

21. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Re - Identity Cloaker

Just for the Lulz i tried it out.

IDC_Setup.exe = 2.23 Mb You can choose from an Install version or Non Install, i opted for the latter. Super easy to set up, not much to do & you're off n running. I got prompted for these by my FW.

za.gif

Which i allowed, but i have Telnet disabled, so i didn't expect it work ?

plink.gif

plink.exe = Command-line SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin client = PuTTY suite

I confirmed that plink.exe was running though via TM.

Enter "demo" in these

demo.gif

Launched FF & visited 2 of the allowed www's in DEMO mode, Google & Bing, after selecting a Swiss IP in IDC, Both www's were in German.

bing.gif

I toggled to a UK IP & both were in English.

On checking my FW log i noticed several entries from wn84.reliablehosting.com = 216.131.127.61

strongvpn.com have numerous posts on here about them ! IDC's privacy policy is typical of many other VPN's/Proxies.

22. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I wouldn't recommend this, it's just using one of their proxy servers...

By the way Spooony needs to read that part;

What is Identity Cloaker *NOT* ? LMAO :argh:

And if anyone wants to use a proxy in their browser, just simply editing it in, no need for any installs, I mentioned before and I'll mention them again, I highly recommend just using Tuvpn;

http://www.tuvpn.com/en/buy-vpn#our-store-free

23. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

so what you guys say bout vpntunnel.se heard grand things bout it , anything better? but not for 2000 dollars a month xD of course anonymous too and no logging is understandable , my current vpn only got 3 months left its astrill cost me 60 bucks for a year, no slowdowns , no logs, yeah i know mobile nr. but if you use a one time use card its ok and btw have i mentioned no logs ? and tons of servers offshore

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  24. truthpatrol

truthpatrol Registered Member

Lockbox, there were many of us who wanted so badly to believe in XB.

The only thing that has raised my respect for Xerobank a little over the last few months is that Steve no longer lies or even pretends to give good customer service. Nowdays he ignores his customers even on Xerobank's own forum. You'll find a growing list of complainers about XB service, with the following being a recent complaint:

I never got my Welcome email. Please help
    Submitted by jonnym on Wed, 01/18/2012 - 23:24
    Offline jonnym
    Hi, I signed up for an account and never got my welcome email with my account details.
    I have emailed Xerobank a couple of times and heard nothing yet.
    Can someone assist with this please?

#1 raidershog wrote 2 weeks 4 days ago
    Offline raidershog
    Sorry to hear you're having issues jonnym! Assuming that you first checked your "Junk Folder" I would try contacting Steve at the following address:
    steve.topletz@xerobank.com
    You should have received TWO (2) emails: one from Xerobank & one from Dalpay.
    GOOD LUCK!!

#2 jonnym wrote 2 weeks 4 days ago
    Offline jonnym
    Thanks for your help I really appreciate that.
    I'll email him now!!

#3 jonnym wrote 2 weeks 3 day ago
    Offline jonnym
    Hi i've emailed Xerobank a couple of times and Steve and still not heard anything. How long do they usually take to reply to emails?
    Im waiting to get going and it been a while now

25. truthpatrol

truthpatrol Registered Member

More specifically, what happened to this Safehouse project that Steve unveiled with bells and whistles about a year ago and now has grown strangely silent about. Anyone have any insider information about what happened to Safehouse? Was it ever a realistic idea or truly an active development project?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.