Anonymizers and proxies on captcha sites

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Securityman121, Jun 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Securityman121

Securityman121 Registered Member

I am starting to work with anonymizers and proxies to increase my internet security mostly for the purposes of IP masking and anonymous browsing. I am having problems when encountering sites that use Captcha in website/forum membership registration, to login into a site, or when posting to a forum.

What usually happens when trying these processes while using an anonymizer or proxy service is that the process goes normally up to the point of encountering the Captcha but the Captcha box appears blank or empty. I can't proceed because I can't see the captcha code.

I assume this is because the Captcha information is stopping at the proxy server or being blocked by it.

I was wondering if anyone knows a way around this so that sites using captcha can be viewed or interacted with while browsing anonymously online.

I have researched the issue online but I can't find anyone who has encountered this problem or decided to address it. It seems to be something of a foriegn concept in many anonymizer circles. At least I haven't come across anybody with information on the subject. Any help ideas suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Securityman121

I'm brand new to the forums and was not sure where to post this. In looking at the forum layout Privacy Problems may have been a better place to have posted. If it is in the wrong spot I would kindly ask a forum moderator to please move it to a more appropriate location. thanks.

3. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I use Xerobank. I wouldn't trust something like anonympouse.

4. Securityman121

Xerobank looks like a very good choice from what I've seen of it. They cover alot of vunerable areas in internet protection and the subscrption price is affordable. It seems to be heavily reliant on a VPN netowrk base which from what I'm finding out should solve the captcha problem.

The ones I've tried so far FreeProxy; Hidemyass; and most recently Anonymouse; with a few others very similar to all those that I can't remeber the names of at the moment, all have the Captcha issue.

Its an irritating problem because sometimes you have to get past a Captcha just to access your things online. For example, I don't think they're doing it now but for a while you had to type a Captcha just to login to your MySpace account. I got around that by logging into MySpace IM first then accessing the account through the application.

I see it as a hole in anonymizer technology and one that needs to be worked on if anonymizers are to become more useful in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.