Anonymizer site

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by sweater, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    What can you say on this anonymizer site? :rolleyes: o_O

It changes your ip address with different country options. :cautious:

http://anonymizer.su/

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

You just provided me with the answer to a question stuck at the back of my head. It's good!

Thanks! :D

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006
  3. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

This site BLOWS its not even secured proxies. In other words any 1 can snoop in on you if they wanted to, so much for being anonymous lol seems a bit fishy to me.:thumbd:

4. sweater

Then, can you give us any other option site or alternative that works similar like this one? Do you have a lists...o_O

Maybe, a little bit more faster and more safer...pls...:) :-*

5. RoamMaster

RoamMaster Registered Member

I'm missing your point?
    This site is as secure as any CGI site. I tried it with different judges and they couldn't get my ip.
    If you mean it isn't encrypted, what CGI web proxy is?
    If you're wanting total anonymity, then you'll have to pay for it, or deal with Tor or Jap's grinding speeds.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I went to the site. Who is this identiy? No name, no contact info, faceless. Using their proxy service and passing your data thru it resemble the situation of handing your cash deposit to someone you never know and hoping he/she can launder offshore for you. There is no return!:D

7. RoamMaster

RoamMaster Registered Member

Its a proxy switcher. It sends data to other people's web proxies. Its probably owned by some market research company. Half of them are.
    Like I said web proxies aren't for security. They're nice to get pass filters, but a terrible idea to rely on them for anonymity.

8. sweater

But least this anonymizer site is more faster than Tor and Jap? :rolleyes: o_O

Actually, I got this anonymizer site from Arovax company the maker of Arovax shield. I just forgot in where of that page I got it. ;) :D

9. btman

btman Registered Member

Arovax's anonymizer is www.smarthide.com So maybe you got that link from somewhere else...

10. sweater

But I am sure it is from arovax company site, it's one of their recommended site for anonymity. Its from their "article page", if I remembers it right.;)

11. btman

btman Registered Member

Direct link please, I'm too lazy to look -_-, specially since I still doubt it's from their site... because of the smarthide project...

12. sweater

I got it here...;) just scan through below the midpage with the title - How to Keep Anonymity in the Internet. They also have some other anonymizer site recommended but haven't tried them yet all. :cool:

http://arovax.blogspot.com/

13. btman

btman Registered Member

It hasn't been updated in a while though, they hadn't even mentioned there own anonymizer lol. Or latest Arovax Shield beta's or anything.

14. Thaddius

Thaddius Registered Member

The more everyone wants to be in my business the more I work at keeping them out. (Losing proposition)

Anyway

I use Annonymizer all the time Have for many years now, to check the weather or just do research. Keeps the neighbors at least from sniffing everything at least.

The thing is I am pretty sure it does not secure all traffic from your computer in any case.

Maybe a few folks could verify either way but I don't think it secures video downloads which would mean your IP would show up when you download a video or live feed.

I consider everything compromised and work from there.

I figure it is a matter of what level things are at.
    i.e the real security agencies are not going to waste their assets by revealing you are going to
    Big Boobs dot com. They have bigger fish to fry.

BTW Same for PGP .....

PZ did a great job in naming it "Pretty Good Privacy"
    He did not name it "Perfect Security"

Anonymizer should probably be named

More "Anonymous than not-izer? lol

I would like to read any comments/opinions

Thanks.

Thaddeus

15. btman

btman Registered Member

Well actually, Arovax's Smarthide project will work for P2P applications very soon, hopefully in the next beta.

16. sweater

I am also waiting for the public release of Arovax Smarthide, but how long should we wait? o_O I am just wonderin if this could be release or not..:cautious: :doubt:

17. btman

btman Registered Member

I'm sure it'll be a release and not a dumped project... I'm just not sure how long though it will be till the next beta or the first release shall be.

18. Yannis

Yannis Registered Member

Btman is right, we all waiting to test (even to crash test :blink: ) this anonymizer soft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.