Anonym.os - can't connect to network

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by abcdabcd, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abcdabcd

abcdabcd Registered Member

I'm trying to use anonym.os to go online but, I can't connect to the network.

How can I verify the network is being found or are there any commands I can use to try and connect? I don't know anything about this OS or Linux.

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

If you know nothing about Linux, you might have a bit of a problem.

But, first thing you should open a terminal window and type: /sbin/ifconfig

This is equal to ipconfig in Windows. You should get a list of connected network devices. If there are none, you might have a problem. If there are some, like eth0 or eth1 or something, check the IP, see if it fits the network where you try to connect.

Try to ping a site, like google, again from the command line.

Not really sure if this is any help, but going straight for anonym.os is a bit drastic if you have never tried linux before.

Mrk

3. abcdabcd

Thanks I'll try that out but, every place that has the download link emphasis how simple this is for somebody's "granny" to setup, just put in the cd and boot up the computer.

4. abcdabcd

I see a list of a bunch of stuff, inet6, wi0:, enc0, inet, but, I don't see anything that says etho.

I tried to ping google.com and I get unknown host.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.