Annoying serial number problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TheBackupKid, May 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBackupKid

TheBackupKid Registered Member

I bought Acronis 9 Home this morning as an upgrade to a previous version. The install went fine.

But when I applied the newest patch (3633) and tried to launch the program I was met with "Acronis did not recognize the serial number please reinstall the program."

So I unistalled and reinstalled the dowloaded version (3625) and it works again. So it seems by I am stuck with this build which isn't right.

One thing I did do was install the downloaded older version over the 3633 and everything worked and actually showed version (3633). But it seems odd I have to install my old version over the newer patch to get it to work again.

How can i fix this -- please help Acronis support.

system specs
    XP 64
    4 gigs ram
    FX-60 processor

On a side note. I made an image this morning to my seconday IDE hard drive and when I went to check the image it immediately said the archive is corrupted. However, if I went into Acronis using the Rescue disc, the same archive verfied fine.

I read another thread on this and I can tell you this has nothing to do with memory errors or fragmented hard drives. The program simply isn't behaving properly inside of windows.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

You got this error message because you tried to install 3633 over a previous version of TI. You should uninstall the previous version before installing 3633. I got the same error you did when trying to install over a previous version.

3. TheBackupKid

TheBackupKid Registered Member

Thanks, dld, that did it. I did notice that I lost the BartPE disk builder in my startmenu items when I installed the patch by itself. No big deal guess I can add that later.

I'll have to image now and check the backup.

Thanks again.

Brian

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TheBackupKid,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience. In order to install the build 3633 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home you should uninstall the previous version/build of Acronis True Image as dld said. Also please note that you will be able to install BartPE plug-in for Acronis True Image 9.0 Home later, you will need to select Custome type of installation and select necessary items.

This may be in case if some programs prevent Acronis True Iamge from access the hard drive in Windows. Could you please create the image in Windows mode and store this image to another hard drive?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.