Annoying problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by deva99, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deva99

deva99 Registered Member

Well dont know whats wrong with my pc but my antivirus dont load at start up . it takes a lot of time . i was using Norton internet security that showed the same problem . thats why i uninstalled it using Uninstaller . and after that i installed ESS 4.2 , it showed same problem .

"ekrn.exe" do not load on start up . it loads after 5 Min after my windows has loaded itself . Any antivirus i use its showing same problem . however i use Comodo firewall but it loads neat and clean . without any problem . I had gone to settings-> Real time File system protection-> Start in System start up . i have it On .but still dont work

Now every day i have to type run->services.msc-> Start Eset Service. after doing that my Antivirus starts that is "ekrn.exe" starts . i never had any problem like that in 4 years ..

i have scanned my pC with Eset & with malwarebytes no infection found .

My pC:
    1 gb ram, Intel Pentium 4 ,2.67 gHz,80 GB hard Disk .

please help me .....

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

one thing i would try is running msconfig and going to the startup tab and unckeck everything except the windows/microsoft stuff then start adding things back one or two at a time and see if anything causes a issue. also try running chkdsk /r /f on you main drive, as well as doing a full defrag. just some thoughts off the top of my head to start with. also has this system had another av prior to norton and eset? if so you may want to make sure to get that uninstall tool for that brand and make sure its fully removed and then i would also run something like ccleaner or jv16 power tools.

see here:

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

3. deva99

deva99 Registered Member

Treid all options given above still didnt work ...even though i only check Egui.exe from MSCONFIG and start my PC...still it dont work ....i cant open any folder browse net open media player...unless and untill the ekern.exe process loads completly ....its not working...and ya..no other antivirus is there on my pc...uninstalled Norton using the norton uninstaller..only

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps a Process monitor log from a system boot would shed more light. Please create one and supply it to Customer care for perusal. Should you have problems creating the log, they will be happy to asisst you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.