annoying Flash install ...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Martin, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin

Martin Guest

hi ppl ... 1st thing 1st ... i hate Macromedia Flash

this said ... i searched Google for a way to avoid it to install ... i found this thread

h**p://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=eEYUQ2kxCHA.2764%40TK2MSFTNGP12&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26scoring%3Dd%26q%3Dhow%2Bto%2Bblock%2Bmacromedia%2Binstallation%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch

which mention SpywareBlaster ...

... did i miss something or SpywareBlaster can't catch Flash installation ... i would understand because it's not a spyware but the post i found said it would work ...

so, yes or no ... if yes, how ? ... if not, anyone knows how to avoid flash installation (in IE of course and besides installing it) ?

in any case, thx
    Martin

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

No, SpywareBlaster won't block the installation of Macromedia Flash or Shockwave as they aren't spyware (at least, the current versions and below aren't). If they would ever become spyware, they would be added to the SpywareBlaster database.

And yes, SpywareBlaster has the ability to block these items - but again, they aren't spyware and aren't generally malicious in nature.

If you could e-mail me at javacoolsoftware@hotmail.com with the page where you get this install pop-up most frequently, I might be able to help you manually prevent it.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.