Annoying Error Msg after boot.

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Adric, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

I keep getting and error msg about an unexpected error during download of updates ..... I believe this happens most of the time because Returnil is trying to download updates before my network connection is established. Is there no better way to do this?

If there is no network, why is Returnil trying to download updates in the first place?

If there is a valid reason for the message, then I would suggest Returnil try three times a few minutes apart before popping the message.

Out of the log I see:
    alert WebServerHandlerGeneric::ExecuteWebCommand[9A4]: Stage R2 doing CheckForUpdates - 21600000

Al

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Adric,
    That message is due the exact reason you are speculating about and in most cases should not be shown unless/until your internet goes down and RSS is checking for an update. There is no configuration other than "Never" for the automatic update setting (preferences > Communications tab) to stop this from happening with a very slow initial connection at the moment. The error message should clear/stop once your modem/computer has connected however...

I don't suggest going to "Never" as you would then need to remember to force the updates manually or to change the setting after your connection has been established.

I have alerted the team that they should take a look at your delay/check solution for the next build update/upgrade as a potential resolution to this scenario.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.