Annoying animated icon in system tray

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MarkA, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkA

MarkA Registered Member

I just upgraded to True Image 2289 and now have an annoying animated icon in my system tray. How can I get rid of it? It's distracting to me.

Mark

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Close your eyes have a cup of tea and contemplate for 15 minutes and all will be fine :)

To be honest, it blends in with the other systray icons and I don't really notice it.

Are you saying it is there all the time or only when a scheduled task is in operation?

Colin

3. MarkA

MarkA Registered Member

It's there all the time flashing with a red up arrow. I have nothing scheduled. I get distracted easily. :)

Mark

4. MarkA

MarkA Registered Member

Sorry for the post. The icon went away after a reboot. It was there after the update. Maybe the program was doing something in the background . . .

Mark

5. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

For future reference for those of us using Windows XP, you can go into the "properties" for the task bar and start menu and, on the "Taskbar" tab, click "customize" to the right of "Hide inactive icons", select the system tray icon in question and set it to "always hide".

No insult intended to anyone that already knew that.

6. MarkA

MarkA Registered Member

The icon stayed in the system tray in Windows 2000, not in XP. It's not a problem in this environment. I have 4 OSs running on my computer . . .

Mark

7. Hahaiah

Hahaiah Registered Member

I can confirm this happens on occasion for my XP Pro system. I noticed it a couple versions ago. It only seems to stick around after an operation once in awhile. Reboot removes it for me ...

Mumbles to self about having patience and not letting little things bother you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.