Annoyance with FD-ISR and Hard Drive

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by dja2k, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have a Raid 0 config and have it split into two partitions having 114 GB each. FD-ISR is installed in the defualt c-drive like everyone knows. Well I have around 14 GB and change used up in the c-drive giving me around 99 GB free space. After I do the secondary snapshot, free space goes down to around 84 GB. Well this is the annoyance, when I remove the secondary snapshot, I don't get all the space back, I will only show free space around 93 GB and not my original 99 GB. If I calculate the folders and files, it adds up to the old amount of used space equal to 14 GB used space yet it is more than that shown under properties. Does anyone know why this happens?

dja2k

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

dja2k,
    I don't know either what is going on, but I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this.
    If I add the volumes of my 2 snapshots, I have less than 6gb, while Windows Explorer tells me that I use 10gb.
    I never noticed this before, because I have space enough, 70gb in total for my system partition.
    10 snapshots used 30gb of 70gb and my data is somewhere else.
    I probably will use 20gb for 10 snapshots with compression (new version).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  3. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Hidden partition or files (possibly by driver), maybe ?

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

Is it the hibernation 'file' you are seeing in explorer which won't be backed up in FD-ISR.
    Try turning hibernate off and see if you get your free space back.

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Defenestration and L Bainbridge, both of you are a little off. I don't have any hibernation on nor hidden partition or files. This space comes back after a few restarts by itself. To me its like FD-ISR locks some of that space then release it, don't know.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.