Announcement: Avatars may now be uploaded

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LowWaterMark, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The Wilders Security Forum will now allow registered members to upload their personal avatar image files to our server in order to make these images more accessible to everyone viewing posts at this forum.

See the FAQ: Uploading Personal Avatars for more information on how to accomplish this, including restrictions on file sizes and allowable usage.

Special thanks to UNICRON for coding these capabilities into the board software!! :)

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi LowWaterMark!

I'm surprised that this thread is not "Read Only." I took this opportunity to change a few things on my Profile as well as my avatar. The picture you see was handcrafted by snapdragin herself from a drawing I gave her. She really knows how to make a beautiful and powerful looking dragon! This is a female Ice Dragon, breathing frost not fire. I really like dragons too. It was time to make some changes. Thanks.

Best regards from Larry :)

3. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Just one question. Is there still in effect a size restriction such as 60 x 60 pixels, and if so, please post acceptable limit.

No, I am not planning on erecting a billboard. :D Thinking along the lines of increasing the size a little, but no problem if not allowed. Thanks.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Larry,

Well, I made the related FAQ read-only, so I wanted some place for people to be able to comment (good, bad or indifferent).

Snap is quite an excellent artist. I'm hoping she can improve upon my avatar and its use of white space. ;)
    Yes, 60x60 is still the image dimension limit at this time, and the filesize limit is 20KB.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

5. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

Thanks LWM, and from what I have seen so far, you will end up with a nice avatar if Snap has any thing to do with it.

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

you are too kind LowWaterMark...i am no artist, i am just a dabbler with a mouse for a brush, and want to give back a li'l for all the help i've received since i've been here.

by the way...about your avatar....LOL! You DO come up with some pretty unique ideas!! Actually, i have found something that might resemble a LowWaterMark...but i will have to rebuild it....one pixel at a time. ~wink~

Prince - i noticed your whitedragon has a green background....check your email. :D

This is pretty wonderful of Paul and UNICRON to do this for the members.....They are the best! Thank you so much!!

warm regards,

snap

7. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Well darnit. I spent 20 minutes digging through the options on my board yesterday trying to figure out how you'd managed that.
    I didn't realize you'd played with the code. I thought I'd overlooked a setting somewhere... LOL :D

8. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Where can I find a site with acceptable sized avatars?
    Everytime I try to upload one, I'm prompted that the avatar is too big and has to be resized !

Regards,
    bill ;)

9. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi bill,

How about this one. (attachment)
    Or find yourself a nice one and try to sweettalk Snapdragin into resizing it for you ;)

Regards,

Pieter

Attached Files:

• Ispy.jpg
      Ispy.jpg
      File size:
      1.5 KB
      Views:
  10. eyespy

eyespy Registered Member

Thanks Pieter !
    I'll try Snap first and keep this one as a backup !!

regards,
    bill

11. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

Sooner or later we will vote for the most beautiful avatar on wilders forum ! :D

I add one good I found accidently, if someone of you find it pretty enuff, help yourself, grab it as your own :p

*Ari*

Attached Files:

12. Pieter_Arntz

I´m afraid it´s a tad big Krusty ;)
    (About 4 times the allowed size)
    So that would be grab and shrink to fit.

Regards,

Pieter

13. *Ari*

*Ari* Registered Member

:'( Pieter, I hate raping beautiful pix , but I did it .

*Ari*

14. Pieter_Arntz

I can see why :doubt:
    It looses a lot of it´s magic, doesn´t it.
    I can tell you it is not going to be easy to find something that makes an impression when it´s 60*60 although I have seen a few nice ones so far.

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.