AnitVir PersonalEdition ( BUG )

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Az7, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

Hello.

I want to say : This Anti-Virus is superb. Yeah when (Win32 heuristic is @ "High detection level" option in its configuration panel).

however, something is wrong in the configuration panel itself :
    If you want to change the (guard) action when virus is found simply you can't change it, because NO options available but one option (Interactive)!.

I think it is better to put a "Check-Box" in the config options instead of "Select option" :-

[Expert mode -> Gurad -> Scan -> Action on maleware -> Handling when maleware is detected.

From AntiVir HELP :-
    "
    Handling when malware is detected
    You can define actions that the Guard is to carry out when a virus or unwanted program is detected.

Interactive
    If this option is enabled :D , a dialog window appears during the on-access scan when a virus or unwanted program is detected in which you can choose what is to be done with the file concerned. This option is enabled as the default setting :blink: .
    "

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's not a bug but a limitation of free version. In Premium edition you can pre-define actions for both, On-Demand scan and Guard. In Classic edition you can only have Interactive for Guard and full control over On-Demand scanner part.
    Help file is probably a generalized version for both editions.

3. Az7

Az7 Registered Member

If you put the mouse over (Interactive) option.. you 'll read something wrong also in the [description box] @ the bottom. (not from help file).

btw, If it is a limitation..
    ..then, the "Handling when maleware is detected" box is useless. isn't it?

4. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Where is this High level detection in config menu?

5. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

iwod, this is under Guard -> Search -> Heuristic

Az7, as said before, this limitation is intended for the Classsic version. The Premium/Pro edition has other actions you can set as default on detection.

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Stefan forgot to mention you have to enable Expert mode in order to see these extra settings.

7. iwod

iwod Registered Member

is this on premium version? Coz i dont see this option in my one. even under expert mode.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

9. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Thx... dont know how the hell did i miss that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.