Android wipe

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Snoper, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Snoper

Snoper Registered Member

Hello, guys. I am selling my phone with Android and I am looking for a way how to ERASE everything without a chance for recovery (without hammering :D). I came across several articles that states we should encrypt the phone and then wipe it. I already got my phone encrypted but I found out that avast! Anti-Theft has a feature that can overwrite the phone. Should I normally wipe my encrypted phone with Android built-in feature or should I use avast! feature instead of that built-it in Android? What procedure would you recommend?

2. driekus

driekus Registered Member

If the phone is encrypted a factory reset should be effective enough for your purposes assuming the device was encrypted at the beginning. All your personal info is encrypted and the factory reset should put the icing on cake.

3. Abdallah

Abdallah Registered Member

Do you have the android procedures for encrypting the phone ? does it have any mechanism to safely erase my current unencrypted data before/throughout the encryption process ?

4. driekus

driekus Registered Member

I always encrypt at time of purchase so dont know how to wipe free space in Android. Presumably there are secure erase apps available for android.

5. Snoper

Snoper Registered Member

I encrypted that phone at time of purchase, too. But I need to decrypt my SD card, because I want to keep the data on it and use it for my new phone. Isn't that dangerous? I will just decrypt it and immediately remove it (SD card). Is that dangerous?

6. Abdallah

Abdallah Registered Member

Yes I know about them and I have one , but my question was talking about the encryption process by the OS = Android .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.