Android will bring with it cheaper computing systems

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dionisiog, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

Or so I thought.

I was looking today at some recently released 7-9 inch pad computers. They had very little storage space (usually about 4gyg), low cpu and darn few options.

Much to my surprise, they appeared to be selling for the price of a netbook with a 250 gygabyte harddrive and Windows 7 Starter, if not for a much higher price.

What happened to my theory?

Darn, I appear to be wrong again. :(

Anyway, the point to this comment is that I feel a bit perplexed. I am looking at the details of a lot of these new devices, other than portability, they seem to be offering a lot less. And there is the long time position that the high pricing of Microsoft products has kept product producers from the possibility of offering products that everyone can afford. Why I am personally curious about trying one out, it almost seems as if the devices are in a practical sense, a Bling thing for the people out there who have excess bucks to spend.

Are these hardware producers also paying a premium price for utilizing the Android operating sytem, or are we just being gouged for being sold pevious available hardware in a new configuration?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.