Android tablet

Discussion in 'hardware' started by noblelord, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

Any Android tablet users out there? Be interested to know what you use for security and encryption. Have recently acquired my tablet and it is incredible. :)

2. x942

x942 Guest

I have a Motorolo Xoom and 3 Phones (Nexus S, HTC Amaze 4G, Samsung Galaxy SII)

Now as far as security goes I recommend Avast! for two reasons:

1) It's Free!!!

2) it has more features than any other AV on the market and it even has "extras" if you are rooted. Like the ability for Anti-theft to install to the system partition and survive even a factory restore.

Encryption I recommend to flavors:

LUKS Manager (if you root) - basically truecrypt but uses LUKS (Linux Unified Key Setup) for creation of volumes.

Honeycomb/ICS built in FDE. This is in Settings ---> Security ---> Encrypt device.

Now this isn't as good as WhisperCore is/was on the Nexus S and hopefully we will see it come back for more devices, but it is better than nothing.

This setting REQUIRES a password to be entered at boot and the same password on the lock screen (which to be secure should be the maximum 17 chars. so this can be annoying).

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I have an Acer Iconia A500 and i actually dont use any security at the moment. I only use a few select apps and i only download from the official android market. I also make sure i read the reviews people post in order to get an overall impression of the software. Combine that with common sense and i have no worries about using my tablet.

4. Less

Less Registered Member

If u root your tablet

u can use droidwall and LBE privacy guard.

5. noblelord

noblelord Registered Member

@x942 - I own a Xoom too - have to say I'm very impressed with the device as a whole - what do you think of it?

Will check out the free Avast and use the built in encryption, I think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.