Android Phone Blows up DNS/domain/fileserver IP on domain

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by MaxDes, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxDes

MaxDes Registered Member

Dell Server with Server 2008 R2, 4 1GbitTeamed Intel nics (all functioning correctly)
    Asus wireless router acting as just an access point.

So here is the issue:

During a certain time daily this one android phone (Incredible HTC) seems to blow up the network. What happens is all of a sudden the server that runs DNS, file serving, Domain ( all on one ip with the teamed nics) stops giving out DNS and the ping goes from 1ms constant to a very erratic ping that goes up to 600ms and everything in between.

This blocks all DNS (internet since it's my DNS server for the network) as well as access to the servers shares and even RDP.

I turn off wireless on this phone and the network returns to normal. This person doesn't do any file sharing, doesn't seem to be infected, has nothing special on their phone except games... Not a tech savvy person..

Anyone have any clue? I've had this happen on a different network with an IPAD before as well. I have included a Capsa capture file. I have it saved as .zip.log so you have to unzip, then open with Capsa...Hope it helps. The capture file is DURING the issue, so it goes intermittently from 1ms ping to poop.

And thank you either way. Just some new eyes on the issue would be good!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.