Android Add New Licence Key

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PC_Fiddler, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

On my other half's Android the old licence has expired - I have a newish WSA Complete so have a new code to insert. The problem is I'm finding it difficult to do this, on the WSA APP, on menu on the bottom of the device I get several options, a red bar informs me the licence has expired. I'm able to change the password, view my old licence key & email but no way to change either - if I press to renew I just get sent to the Webroot page to buy WSA but there does not seem to be a simplistic way to add a new licence key? - Obviously there is a way to do add the new code but I can't find it. I'm not a fan of miniature screens to start with o_O :D

2. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Uninstall the current android app.
    Make sure you have set up your Complete account at my.webrootanywhere.com
    Download the COMPLETE app from the Google Play store (There is the Free, Premium, and Complete).
    When you run it for the first time, it will work with the Complete sign in and key.

3. PC_Fiddler

OK thanks for that, I'll set her on that in the morning. Quite surprised you can't just update with a new key though like in the PC version? (I did do a search & there was no info on using a new key & the video was not inspiring either I looked at) And she probably wont know how to uninstall the APP in the first place & then her having to re-install it will probably cause grief for me, mobile activation is the (only) weakest point of WSA in my opinion.

I thought I read some weeks (maybe longer) ago activation on devices was going to be simplified - Some people who use the likes of Android phones aren't often very tech minded & one opinion I received via a telephone conversation is unprintable, having three similar APPS on the store doesn't help & as I remember last time she had two on her phone at the same time.

Thanks though ! Not meaning to shoot the messenger.

Edited for OTT

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Oh, I was under the impression you had the non-complete version app. Try from the home screen Menu -> Register? Though that is on the free and paid app. On the complete, you might have to erase app settings for "Easier and quicker than reinstall" stuff.

5. PC_Fiddler

Thanks for your help, half the problem is my wife has 3 billion Apps on her phone & chaos doesn't begin to describe the 'system' she uses, we are still married I think just about anyway! I don't use Android myself & I only get asked for help after lots of others + all her friends at work have tried & made things worse. :argh: It's mainly PEBKAC on MY part ~

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.