And the problem is.....

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DVD+R, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I'm not sure what everyone is doing here to experience all these errors etc.. but here its running like it should, no errors, no conflicts, no blue screens :cautious: The problem is I think, users have far too much other applications of the same genre, or they install it and then mess with the settings, and really dont know what they are doing. This product somes with out of the box default settings, as do all others and are put in place by experts, more expertize on the product than me and you are, So why not just install it and leave it alone, it works best that way.

2. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I use defaults , a boot up shouldn't take 5 minutes, vista is bad but it with no av boots 2 minutes tops, the same with a few other av's so why does this act different Nod 2.7 booted fine in vista , this doesn't. It also holds open sertain programs from closing immediately like windows mail & they know about the extremely slow scans so why better the 2 weeks later is there no fix?, all they did was issue a tiny fix for install. Since than nothing. Oh btw before you go and say it's something else. I run a very plain vanilla laptop, nothing additional boots but what's needed by the system & I use tuneup2007 to tweak registry, so I think your question should be pointed not to users but to ask ESET why no answers. I got my cc bill the other day trust me they got their $...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  3. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

How many running processes are people running in their computers? I saw some screen shots of Task Manager from a few people's computers. One had 55, one had 70 and one had 99 running processes. Windows allocates some memory to each of these. That's spreading it pretty thin if you ask me.

How many of these are trying to check on updates at startup along with ESS or EAV? That could be a cause of slow startup. A lot of those third party software makers think their product is so important that it needs to start up along with windows.

I keep the number of running processes to a minimum on my system. I have only 6 non-windows processes running at system idle. My computer takes exactly 1 minute to start up to the point when the ESET splash screen shuts off.

I may be wrong but I just can't help but think that too many processes takes too much of the resources and slows everything down.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  4. Melchi501

Melchi501 Registered Member

5. forty

forty Guest

Shouldn't have to defend a program with this many problems. Just remember almost everyone having problems was doing fine with 2.7. Sorry but I'm going to the suite that found 3 trojans on my system after I had 2.7 on my system for 2yrs. never doubting it. And ESS didn't do any better. I'll gladly throw my last year of license away . Your security programs are supposed to work for you that is why we buy them . I hope you folks can make up enough excuses to make this program work! Rocky

6. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I haven't had any problems with ESS (since the first test version) and NOD32 v3. I have no complaints thus far.

7. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

I run vista with no problems with ESS. any problems I did run into were my fault.

I have stopped unnecessary services etc and I update manuallyall programs that require updating. That alone will take a lot of time for the OS to load up..

8. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Just because you don't have any issues, doesn't mean that there are no problems. There are problems, as admitted by Eset, so don't start saying that some computers are running the 'wrong' stuff or have Nod not configured properly!

9. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Yeh i think i've already posted about 10 times that eset are working on lots and lots of bugs, i discovered quite a few which eset admitted were there as well, been a bit like searching a dog for fleas really. One pops up and you discover they're everywhere. :D

10. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

You're right. There are bugs in this brand new software. It's just that too many people are accusing ESET of being lackadaisical and not caring about their customers. I'm sorry but I can't see it that way. I think they're doing great.

Mine has the "View workgroup computers" bug. Other than that I love the way it runs. They have always produced award winning software in the past. They're going to get this thing right. I'm sure of it. Some people just need to exercise patience.

Besides I've seen too many really screwed up computers with owners that wanted to blame the computer maker for it. I've also used third party applications that never ran right. I've had to reinstall Windows because of bad software incompatibilities screwing it up. It took me years to find a really good software configuration and ESET was a big part of it.

I went into the Kaspersky forum and people are having just as many problems as ESET users are. I've read posts in this forum that said ESS is better than the others. I wouldn't know about that. I've been using Nod32 or ESS for two and a half years now. I used Norton, Kaspersky and Avast before that and found Nod32 to be better than them.

I may get in trouble for this post but I gotta say it. Some of you people really need to lighten up.

11. Melchi501

"Besides I've seen too many really screwed up computers with owners that wanted to blame the computer maker for it. I've also used third party applications that never ran right. I've had to reinstall Windows because of bad software incompatibilities screwing it up. It took me years to find a really good software configuration and ESET was a big part of it.

I went into the Kaspersky forum and people are having just as many problems as ESET users are. I've read posts in this forum that said ESS is better than the others. I wouldn't know about that. I've been using Nod32 or ESS for two and a half years now. I used Norton, Kaspersky and Avast before that and found Nod32 to be better than them.

I may get in trouble for this post but I gotta say it. Some of you people really need to lighten up."

Amen :thumb:

12. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Next time......press the 'Quote' button and then write your prayer, saves a lot of typing! ;)

13. Melchi501

Thanks for the advice "Mister Moan"...:shifty:

14. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

:p You hit that right on the nail head there Melchi :p :cautious:

15. scirious

scirious Registered Member

I don't know why you don't have a problem but EAV always crash my system when it scans bsplayer.exe. It is an old version o bsplayer before an spyware was included in it and v2.7 didn't crash this way.

It has already been reported and the person that responded just said everything was ok. But not at least in vista 64-bit. If you want the file to test yourself just PM me.

Scirious.

16. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Maybe I'm Blessed :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.