And Firefox 1.5 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tansu, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Under the help menu is a "check for updates". Edit: it is for browser updates and extension updates.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks, ronjor -- that's what I get for saving Help till after the rest of my checking it out. :oops: :)

3. Ailric

Ailric Guest

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Best Firefox Extensions and Customizing Tips

Scot's Newsletter

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Thanks for the tip, ronjor ;)

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You're welcome V_C. :D

8. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Now using the new Firefox 1.5 and this was really cool browser, even better than their previous version... its now more stable and faster than before. :eek:

After installing 1.5 on my 1.0.7 most of my extensions are not compatible but after downloading and installing Nightly tester tools as suggested by Vampiric Crow everything now works fine all of my extensions works as it is like before. ;)

Hope, firefox continues on their passion producing and updating one of the great browser in the world. :cool:

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I like Firefox, and I'm using it now, but the fact that I've to have some extensions for my needs, make me quite unstable, because some extension developer may stop to support them, and then...

I prefer the logic of Maxthon or Opera, but Maxthon depends of IE, that will have a new version sonner, and Opera have some problems in some websites and the support for download managers aren't good...

10. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've been watching for a compatibility-update for Show Image 0.3 (now disabled), since they've got a good history of doing that with previous FF versions. And I'd been hoping that the only reason it's not yet available was that they were holding off till the final of FF 1.5, which is only a couple of days old now.

But their home page seems inaccessible now, so they may have finally "bitten the bullet" and given up. Of course it's possible, and I'll hope, that they're updating both their page and the extension at the same time.

11. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Until the extensions integrations isn't stablished, we will always have this problem... :(

12. whatdoiknow

whatdoiknow Guest

yeah same thing for Maxthon's version of extensions. Maxthon is updated and then suddenly a plugin that i was using, doesn't work properly.

Maxthon doesn't check for extension version compatiability but the problem is the same.

But what do i know?

13. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Isn't the same think, because Maxthon aren't always changing the plugins integration...

14. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

It's rather some websites that have problems ;-)
    What's wrong w/ Opera and DL managers? Leechget works fine AFAIK, and FDM is ok too.

-RE

15. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Better flexibility would be great by Opera...

If Opera have built-in something like the FlashGot extention of Firefox, would be excellent...

16. Reve_Etrange

Reve_Etrange Registered Member

Right, it's not perfect, but still the best option out there IMHO. UserJS can help with some websites, and the full story about spending dev time to deal with other browser inconsistencies and lack of std support is what it's all about I guess. Regarding the extensions, I agree that a few are missing, but overall I can live w/o those frills (or get the same functionality another way). It's the good ol' debate that comes up everytime when discussing about Opera ;-)
    There are some other good browsers available too, so it's a case of what is more important to you.

-RE

17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I prefer the concept idea of Opera, but they have things that I don't like and could be improved...

I suggest something on Opera forum about the improvement of the downloads, but I have sure that no on will care about it...
    http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=114681

18. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I like Firefox, not because it's more secure than MSIE, but because it's more convenient than MSIE.
    What quite unique is in Firefox, is the Find-in-This-Page function and I use that alot, while I'm surfing on the internet.
    The browsers, I ever tried have also this function, but it works with a popup window and that's not convenient.
    I always have to move that popup window because it blocks my reading.
    It's not only the popup window, it's also the way the function FIND works, which is even more inconvenient, at least in MSIE.

And of course Firefox has some good extensions and I didn't have the time yet to read them all.

Opera is probably the safest browsers at this moment, but that's not a reason for me to change. One day Opera will be compromised too, it's just a matter of time. Firefox was also the safest browser for awhile, until the bad guys put their claws in it.

If I ever find a more convenient browser, than Firefox, I ditch Firefox immediately without regrets.

19. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The current and preview version of Opera already do this... ;)

20. gfdgfd

gfdgfd Guest

Yeah, but you can't set it up to start immediately. you need to press some key first.

Also Opera doesn't have the FAYT tool bar!

21. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You can have it always open like in Firefox...

22. hgbfhgfh

hgbfhgfh Guest

Please tell me how.

23. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

24. fghfh

fghfh Guest

That's not what i asked, nor is it find as you type.

That's too slow. you got to move your mouse up there ,then type.

Opera has find as you type. but you need to press ; first.

25. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

OK :)

This is enough for me... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.