'analysing partition. processing, please wait' and wait!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mecurio, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecurio

mecurio Registered Member

Mar 10, 2005
    I am a new user needing some help. I have looked in the forum but can not find any answer to the problem I have.

I have tried to restore my partition but I cant get past the message 'analysing partition. processing, please wait'

I have sucessfully created and verified an image of my main partition. I have then booted using the bootable disk. I select restore and then am able to select the image I have saved on my external drive. I then select the partition I want the drive restored to.

I then click on next and the message appears. Then I wait for about 10 mins and nothing... there seems to be no disk activity... so I end up exiting.

I tried to restore in xp and the drive is checked in a matter of seconds, but then requests a shutdown and reboot - and I back where I started.

please help... I need to restore so i can get on with my work..

am running latest build - 800 (have same problem on original build)
    windows xp
    maxtor hard drive, I think, connected in a standard way, I think.
    I have an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard.
    external drive is WD Media Centre (I have to disconnect firewire for it to be recognised over usb2 connection)
    i have two partions a recovery partition (created by the company I purchased the computer from) and a c drive. The c drive is the one i am trying to restore.

any insights/solution would be greatly appreciated
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Apr 28, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.