'analysing partition. processing, please wait' and wait!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mecurio, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecurio

mecurio Registered Member

I am a new user needing some help. I have looked in the forum but can not find any answer to the problem I have.

I have tried to restore my partition but I cant get past the message 'analysing partition. processing, please wait'

I have sucessfully created and verified an image of my main partition. I have then booted using the bootable disk. I select restore and then am able to select the image I have saved on my external drive. I then select the partition I want the drive restored to.

I then click on next and the message appears. Then I wait for about 10 mins and nothing... there seems to be no disk activity... so I end up exiting.

I tried to restore in xp and the drive is checked in a matter of seconds, but then requests a shutdown and reboot - and I back where I started.

please help... I need to restore so i can get on with my work..

am running latest build - 800 (have same problem on original build)
    windows xp
    maxtor hard drive, I think, connected in a standard way, I think.
    I have an Asus A8N-SLI motherboard.
    external drive is WD Media Centre (I have to disconnect firewire for it to be recognised over usb2 connection)
    i have two partions a recovery partition (created by the company I purchased the computer from) and a c drive. The c drive is the one i am trying to restore.

any insights/solution would be greatly appreciated

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mecurio,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please describe whether you use IDE or SATA drive? Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if the problem persists please send the sysinfo.txt to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.