An upgrade offer for Acronis True Image 11.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Basic, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basic

Basic Registered Member

Howdy all,

I received an upgrade offer for ATI 11 for half off the full price.

The current version installed on my pc is ATI 7. A free version I got from a website promo.

Now my question's are these.

Will I be able to upgrade the free version of ATI 7 to ATI 11 paid with no complications?

Are images I made with ATI 7 compatible with ATI 11?

Can I download the full version of ATI 11 and install it and register it with the serial number used for ATI 7? I ask this one because I would uninstall ATI 7 before installing ATI 11.

Thanks for your time.

Regards.

basic

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

There is another post somewhere here, that Acronis have answered on this subject.

First of all, you will need to note down your current licence number for v7. All upgrade packages will require (if you uninstall the old version - which is advisable) the old licence number and the new licence number that will be emailed to you and will appear under registered components on the Acronis account page if you have previously registered TI 7.

As far as images with TI 7 being usable in TI 11; Acronis only guarantee one version backwards compatibility. TI 11 also uses a new file format - so whether 11 can read 7 files I don't know.

I would suggest, making a rescue CD for v7 - make sure that works, and then make a new one for v11 plus a new v11 image. You could of course try the compatibility by downloading the trial version and see if it does indeed read v7 images.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.