An unrelated favour - forgive me please!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JemW, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Hi,

Please forgive - I'm asking because you're the only guys (& gals!) that I can think of...I need someone with XP Home who can simply post here the contents of a registry key that got accidentally deleted!! Here it is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Compress old files

All the entries under this key would be good (not many there)

Thanks again oh and....by the way...Spyware Blaster IS the best.....!!!! :D

Jem

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear JemW, you can go without this key but old files might take up some space. not a trivial issue. sometimes with this key people had problem running the disk cleanup wizard. without this key you'll be able to run disk cleanup wizard and free up the space occupied by old files.

3. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Thanks, yes I know...that's why the key was deleted. I'm experimenting with troubleshooting some 'issues' on this person's PC so I'd like to put the keys back to test. Can't get to an XP machine tho so if you could post the entries here I'd be eternally grateful... :)

Thanks again, Jem

4. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

You mean this? :) (See screenshot attached below)

BS

Attached Files:

5. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Here are the defaults for that reg key; just merge the Regfile within the Quote box and you'll have the whole thing back:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.