An image from... the image?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by korben, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korben

korben Registered Member

Let's say I had made an image with Paragon Free 10.1
    Many people have reported several issues.
    In the meantime I got my hands on Paragon Compact 10.
    If I restore the image using PFree and make a new image using the current state of the machine's just restored system with PCompact it will...it won't...

[MOVE]?[/MOVE]

2. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

I believe you can even restore the image created by Paragon free, from Paragon compact. Both programs use the same image creation algorithm and are compatible with each other. Is this what you were asking?

3. korben

korben Registered Member

Not reall but glad to receive such an answer!

If memory serves well,last year I created an image with macrium.
    Then I restored the image.
    Then I made some tweaks and created another image with my system settings and I believe when restoring THIS one the system didn't behave as good as gold - it was prone to occassional hangups and such.. so now wondering if using Paragons two different applications could have similar results or better or worse if any...

clear this time? or should we switch into Polish? lol

4. Raza0007

Glad to be of help. So you really were asking whether you could take an image from Paragon free, restore that image and then take a new image of the restored system from Paragon Compact. This was highly unusual question for me because once the image is restored, you can then take a new image of your partition by any disk imaging software without encountering any problems. This was the reason I thought you were asking something else.

5. korben

korben Registered Member

ha, now we're getting somewhere lol
    so happy your reactions are so fast mate!

yup, you've summarized it perfectly. that's my intention providing my friend's PFree malfunctions in the future YET I still remember the cold case with macrium - was I imagining things cause I'm too paranoid? Have you carried out similar task on your own?

6. Raza0007

Yes, I have. I routinely backup and restore using Paragon, but try other backup software in between too. I have been playing around with Shadowprotect quite a lot lately and I have had no problems whatsoever. I guess, the problem you experienced might have been caused by some other reason.

Some backup software are not compatible with each other, like Ghost and Shadowprotect. The reason is that Ghost licenses shadowprotect's snapshot engine and so at one time only one can be on your system. But I believe even in that case, if you image from the boot disk only, you can switch between the two without any problems.

7. korben

korben Registered Member

Thankful I am.

going to try it eventually...

I take a bow.

8. Raza0007

Jesteś najbardziej witamy.

9. korben

korben Registered Member

^you're most welcome :grin:

would be: Proszę bardzo.

Thanks again and hope to see you here soon.

peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.