An FTP Poker Pro Account Hacked.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Searching_ _ _, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Couple of threads..
    http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-forums/7/xtracey-all-in-every-hand-at-25-50-5057513?pageindex=1
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/pearljammer-getting-hacked-sooo-sick-675531/

Apparently some type of sniffing going on, attacker had realtime info of him trying to change passwords.

Any advice from the Wilders community on how to improve the current situation? Anyway to prevent this?
    How could he have prevented this?/How did this occur?

Also was taunted via live google chat by attacker.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

The poker sites have been plagued by security issues. I remember a few years ago when I played poker heavily, there was a huge breach at Absolute Poker where insiders were able to see hole cards (the story was broke at 2+2 forums). It turns out the main guy doing it was the CEO who stole close to a million bucks before retiring (more like fleeing prosecution) to South America. The same thing happened more recently at Ultimate Bet (which is owned and operated by the same people). It was humorous to hear the UB endorsed pros assure us all that UB is safe to play at. Yeah, you know what they say: "Fool me once..." What makes it even worse is that it has been widely rumored that some of the major poker pros with endorsements might have been involved in this scandal. Yet, we are supposed to believe they are concerned about getting to the bottom of it? :rolleyes:

As was illustrated with the Absolute scandal, the major problem with online poker (or gambling of any kind) is who is watching the watchers? Who is making sure the software developers, for instance, aren't putting backdoors into the software? Who is making sure the upper management isn't watching the hole cards? The gaming commissions? Yeah right. They can't be trusted any more than anyone else.

Although I like to play the game, I also realize that many of these people have no scruples and have no problem lying, cheating and stealing. After all, that's why they are good poker players. ;) One just has to know that when you play you are swimming with the sharks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.