An Error has occurred, You should fill..

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by jubalsams, Nov 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubalsams

jubalsams Registered Member

Hi, this is my first post to this forum and i have a problem at this site.
    Tried to post to FAQ but does not seem to be possible.
    Every time i visit this site i get this message:

An ERROR has occurred
    YOU SHOULD FILL IN A USERNAME --

My username is already displayed at the top of the page !
    I repeatedly log on forever and have specifically allowed cookies for this site.
    What am i doing wrong ?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:An Error has occured, You should fill..

Hi jubalsams,

Welcome to Wilders Security Forums! I'm sorry you are having problems accessing this site, although it looks like this first post did come through while you were successfully logged in here.

Also, just a note that I moved your question to the section called "General Topics" which is where we discuss problems related to the Wilders boards and forum software issues. :)

Problems like this are generally related to either cookie corruption or website filtering and/or privacy blocking software...

If it is because the cookie related to Wilders Security is corrupt; meaning it is allowed on your system but has become bad for some reason, then the solution may be to close all browser windows, delete the entire browser cache and any cookies related to "wilderssecurity". Restart your browser, visit this site again and log into your ID allowing a new cookie to be created.

If following that complete sequence does not solve the problem, then we will need to know more things about your system. What browser/version are you running? Are you running any proxy, web filtering or software firewalls that perform similar functions?

Have you tried placing wilderssecurity.com and www.wilderssecurity.com as sites from which you allow cookies in your browser and all these other tools (if you run any)? Have you tried placing these two site references in trusted site lists or bypass lists for the browser and these other tools?

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

jubalsams - I noticed that behavior for the first time yesterday (but only with IE, not FireBird).

I added the two addresses that LWM indicated to my "Trusted" zone in IE just now, but yesterday all I had to do to get around the problem was to click on the "Wilders Security Forums" link on the page with that message on it.

When the page refreshed, I was logged in properly. HTH Pete

4. jubalsams

jubalsams Registered Member

spy1, i normally use (in IE6) : View..Privacy Report...and right click... Always Accept cookies from this site... a site i want to allow cookies from. Evidently this does not work here. After carefully following your and LWM's suggestions Success ! Kinda odd though, when i start at Top of site this thread cannot be found, had to go back to my eMail link. i will figure out this weird software !

Thanks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice