An App been cracked,its genuine copy any safe?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Perman, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks This question has poped up many times in my mind. Now and then I heard that some friends not too distant away are using cracked version of so and so programs, which was d/l from trusted sites (I mean no malware hidden), They paid nada and enjoyed the very same app I forked out w/ hard-earned $$$. Not the sense of loss bothers me , it is the constant worries that have been keeping me uneasy; if the app can be easily (regardless of methods) cracked open, then how safe still is this program? Just wondero_Oo_O

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

its hard to say.

if a program was (successfully) registered using a key generator, then it would be just as safe as if the key was legitimate.

cracks or patches, OTOH, modify the executable so it depends on the pirate group.

just scan all your downloads and/or dont use pirated software.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  3. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I wouldn't be concerned about your legit software.
    They can crack just about every conceivable copy protection scheme.
    It doesn't mean the legit software is weak in any way other than copy protection.

The site that distributes cracked software is breaking the law. That is not what I would call a "trusted site."
    Just because your friends scanned the illegal software with an anti-virus does not mean it is clean.
    You can never be certain there is not some surprise that might appear at any time.
    So don't feel bad, your friends are the ones doing something wrong, not you.
    And in the future, when they complain how infested with malware their computers are, give them a box of Saltines and tell them to try these instead next time. :D

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If the crack program only cracks the trial date, it is probably safe.
    If the crack program modifies more than that, you are most probably infected.
    Crack-writers = unknown source and you never know for sure if it is a good or bad cracker.

Crack-programs must be very popular amongst users, who don't like to spend money on softwares and all popular things on the internet have one thing in common : they are free and therefore the perfect tool to infect as many computers as possible.

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I hope people who use cracked software will get deeply infected.*puppy*

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

sorry to disappoint, but im clean :D

j/k of course

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My bank account is also clean after paying the software bills. :(

8. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

same here :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.