An Apology to Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by srdiamond, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srdiamond

srdiamond Registered Member

While experiencing a problem with TrueImage apparently failing to recognize the archives it had recently created, I said some harsh things about Acronis, which I now retract. I finally solved the problem, and it was more the result of stupidity on my part than faulty design.

I had in fact inferred that vestiges of a prior version remained. What I didn't even think to check until yesterday was the TrueImage folder, so focused was I on the registry. (Also I use an uninstaller that claims to remove the left over files [Your Uninstaller].)

Removing the old Acronis application solved the problem. It was Build 2337 (this is from my memory). That version number had never shown up in the About box, only the numbers 2666 and 2667. (I wonder, was the latter an actual version, or was the '7' a partial expression of version 2337. An interesting puzzle, if I could be certain of the accuracy of my recollection.)

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Glad you found the problem. We've all gone down the wrong road more than once failing to realize why we are on the wrong road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.