AMUST Registry Cleaner 2.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CogitoErgoSum, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon

Brandon Registered Member

I just bought AMUST Registry Cleaner, so far it fixed 537 entries with no problems sofar. First I made a backup within AMUST and Erunt just in case..then scanned and fixed. A great product I say :)

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Never heard of Amust till I saw this thread and decided to give it a go.

Had allways used Registry Mechanic which I ran first after the install of Amust.RM found 3 items.

Ran Amust and it found 753 items which I allowed to be fixed as my ghost images make me brave.Compacted reg with Amust and made a ghost image.

After a coupla hours of running through what I usually do there seems to be no probs.Things do seem snappier,even with a gig of ram.

But it could be mindgames owing to the large amount of entries fixed and a rather large compaction figure as well.

Well if Amust has done what it states with no problems arising I would rate it as an excellent reg tool.:thumb:

3. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Weird.. i downloaded and installed AMUST. After rebooting, i ran AMUST and it found NOTHING to repair. I only received a compliment message after the scanning process:D ...
    With ACE Utilities or Registry Mechanic i always get some errors to be fixed.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Sometimes, less is more (or at least safer)!

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Don't you just LOVE products that have nothing to update it with ? Amust is out for me . RH is much better on my system AND Amust cannot be updated within the program itself . That is poor design . VERY poor !

6. pvsurfer

hollywood~ I would agree that it's more convenient when a program offers a 'live update' feature, but there are lots of good programs that require you to go to their website to check for and d/l updates. I don't consider that feature to be among the more important issues when deciding on the quality of a particular app. ...but as the saying goes, different folks, different strokes. ;) ~pv

7. Brandon

Since Im a user of AMUST, is the "Compacting" feature any good? Does it actually speed up your computer o_O

8. pvsurfer

Hi Brandon~ After selecting 'Compact', select 'Analyze' and AMUST will estimate the benefit you will derive by compacting. The first time I used AMUST it estimated 13.5% and after cleaning and compacting, it seemed as if my system was turbocharged! On the other hand, I've compacted when the estimate was under 5% and I can't say I noticed much benefit, so now I don't bother compacting unless the estimate is greater than 5%. This is just based on my experience fwiw...

Hope that helps. ~pv

9. Brandon

Thanks.

I decided to compact and mine was well over 5%, so I compacted and my computer seems a little bit faster but I assume it works ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.